We are recruiting an Accounts Receivable/International Credit Controller to join our team at our West Kensington, London head office. Reporting to our International Credit Manager you will be a key member of our finance team with responsibility for administering accurate collection processes and ensuring that outstanding debtor balances are chased on time, payments are posted and accounts are reconciled.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly statements for Agents/Sponsors
- Collection of outstanding balances by email and telephone (chasing outstanding debt makes up 50% of this role)
- Investigating invoice queries by liaising with internal and external parties to ensure resolution (payment of invoice or credit note) in a timely manner
- Focus on reducing risk/bad debt
- Processing multi-currency payments and allocating on a daily basis ensuring ledgers are up to date
- Processing bank transactions and reconciling intercompany accounts and general ledgers on a monthly basis
- Raising manual debits/credits to reflect accounting movement on the ledger
- Processing refunds and commission payments to students/agents
- Building and maintaining good business relationships with all agents and stakeholders
- Identifying and recommending process improvements related to own work
- Ad-hoc tasks
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Minimum 1 year experience working within a credit control role
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume, transaction orientated environment
- Strong client focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Experience using multiple systems simultaneously
- Excellent keyboard skills and knowledge of accounting systems
- Good knowledge and experience of working with accounting principles
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of ledger
What we will offer you:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
You’ll be joining a team of 10 credit controllers in our stunning, architect-designed offices in West Kensington, London with break-out areas, kitchens, showers and on onsite bar. You’ll have international, multilingual colleagues with more than 30 languages amongst them.
You will receive an initial induction in the first week and training on the business. This will be followed by on-the-job training and coaching supported by your credit control supervisors and finance operations team. Career progression opportunities include possible moves to other finance departments such as accounts and group finance.
Kaplan International English a division of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company), is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 44 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
Please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 23rd July 2018.