Kaplan Inc is one of the world’s most dynamic private education providers with revenues exceeding US$2.6 billion.
Kaplan International Pathways helps international students from more than 50 countries to transform their futures. Our university preparation programmes, operated in partnership with leading universities across the UK, Australia and the USA, facilitate entry to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes – from science and engineering through to business, media, computing and law. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, successful, dynamic and target-driven Regional Director for East and South East Asia (ESEA, non-China) to manage a diverse team of market-focused and product-focused recruitment staff to deliver strong annual student recruitment growth. The Regional Director for ESEA will have had previous success in leading a sales team to meet challenging student recruitment targets, most likely by nurturing and developing an agent network, through channel development with schools and universities and through strong and targeted conversion campaigns. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to represent our brand and cultivate a market for our high-value, premium product within the region. Only candidates with strong leadership and influencing skills and proven results to target should apply.
As the Regional Director for ESEA you will provide the vision, leadership and continuous improvement of the ESEA student recruitment function into our UK, Australia and US programmes. You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the annual sales targets for all KI Pathways products in the East and South East Asia region
- Development and delivery of the annual ESEA sales and marketing plan, and development and management of the annual KI Pathways regional budget
- Ownership of regional and global sales and marketing strategy as a senior member of the sales and marketing management team
- The development and continuous improvement of the ESEA regional sales team and dotted line responsibility for the ESEA admissions teamProviding market trends and analysis as well as ideas and solutions to internal stakeholders across the global team
Main responsibilities and functions
- Formulating, building and executing the annual ESEA regional sales and marketing plan, and managing the operating expenditure for the region to achieve annual new student recruitment and revenue targets in line with business growth objectives
- Regular reporting across the KI Pathways business on progress against objectives via agreed key performance metrics, and providing regular market and competitor analysis
- Working with divisional Recruitment and Marketing Directors/Heads for each destination and other key stakeholders, including the Regional Directors for other markets, to help develop and deliver the global KI Pathways sales strategy
- Developing and rolling out the KI Pathways sales training and development programme in the region
- Managing the regionally-based sales teams and operations to drive sales growth through optimal sales efficacy and efficiency
- Driving the highest levels of performance within the team and delivering best-in-sectorcustomer serviceto all internal and external stakeholders
- Actively managing Key Accounts and channel diversification
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant internal and external compliance obligations
The post involves international travel of between to 15-20 weeks per year throughout the region and occasionally to Europe, Australia and North America.
- Exceptionally strong management and leadership skills at a senior sales level with a proven track record of building driven and highly successful teams, and an ability to coach, delegate, guide and mentor team members to achieve their maximum potential and results
- Extensive experience with strong and sustained demonstrated success in international education sales
- Highly commercial and able to assimilate into and improve the KI Pathways culture
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently managing annual budgets in multiple currencies, totalling USD2+million
- Results-orientated, ambitious and highly motivated
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, both verbal and written, and confident to engage with a wide range of audiences and levels of organisational seniority
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within inflexible deadlines
- Excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgement and decisiveness, while being open to others’ opinions and ideas
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to respond positively to change
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in short timeframes, and to meet challenging targets
- Strong attention to detail and experience with relevant regulatory and compliance legislation frameworks
- Possess strong cultural awareness, emotional intelligence and diplomacy
- Ability to travel frequently, to work across global time zones and in irregular hours as required
- University-level education to Postgraduate level (or equivalent experience)
- Fluency in a relevant second language
- Demonstrated track record of working with governments and universities in the UK, Australia, and/or USA
- Experience of international education agent relationship management at senior levels
- Deep and detailed understanding of UK, Australian, USA and International Higher Education sector
Ideally Hong Kong, SAR; however, other relevant regional locations may be considered
Please apply via by emailing your CV and covering letter, highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: Tuesday, 31st July 2018
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of professional reference checks, and demonstrating the capacity to secure work and residency rights in Hong Kong SAR (or agreed location)