Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
University of the West of England, Bristol’s International College (UWEBIC)
The College is operated in partnership with the University of the West on England, located on the University’s Frenchay campus and offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to the University of the West of England. The first students were admitted to the College in September 2012.
The purpose of these roles is to deliver highly effective modules in Business, including Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Financial & Management Accounting, Social Science.
Main responsibilities and functions
Reporting to the Programme Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering between six and eighteen hours per week of modules in your subject area to international students studying on programmes offered at Foundation (year zero), International Year One and Pre-Masters levels by the College and assisting with the development of modules.
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Assisting with the maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and representing the College at appropriate events and meetings
You will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition you will have:
- A first degree in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of teaching Business, Law or Social Science in FE colleges or HE institutions
- Proven organisational, administrative and IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.).
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- The desire and ability to develop and update teaching material
In addition it would be desirable for you to have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- A teaching qualification such as a PGCE or PGCHE
- Experience of contributing towards the development of and working within, a Virtual Learning Environment
- The flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- The enthusiasm and motivation to be a creative team player.
- Experience of working with international students
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Application method and closing date
If you meet the requirements of the position, are excited by the opportunity of working in a fast-paced international education environment, please send your CV along with a covering letter, highlighting why you believe you are a suitable candidate.