Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are now recruiting for a strong, experienced PA and Administrator who will play a vital role in supporting Senior Management and staff engagement activities. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment and be part of a small friendly team.
This role is based in West Kensington, however, you may be expected to travel within the UK.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· PA Support to the Senior-Vice President and Managing Director and other members of the Senior Management Board including assisting with projects, domestic and international travel plans including passport and visa applications/renewals; diary management; general and ad hoc requests.
· Office and Staff engagement including driving new initiatives and ideas; staff communications; collaborating with the office coordinators and other staff members on planning and implementation of an annual staff engagement calendar; facilitating all office activities and initiatives; working with teams on launch activities for new products and services; developing and sharing best practice; soliciting feedback on events; creatively looking for opportunities to create a great place to work.
· Administration Management including improving internal processes and systems and implementing streamlined and efficient procedural changes to support the business; contracts management; supplier and vendor management; responsibility for the HQ budget; maintaining accurate purchasing records and receipts; expenses processing; tracking staff records and new starters/leavers; reviewing and managing business subscriptions;
· Research, office & meeting facilitation including meeting and greeting visitors as required; new staff welcome/office introductions; point of call for KI Pathways central business queries; logistical management of international and domestic meetings and conferences; conducting research; preparation of meeting packs and papers as required; liaising with internal and external stakeholders. Taking meeting notes where required.
· Corporate Events including supporting Events Manager with corporate events such as new premises launches, anniversary celebrations
· All other duties to ensure the smooth running of the office.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
· Confident and professional self-starter
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a PA/EA role within a corporate environment
· Ability to operate at a number of levels across a complex organisation
· Experience supporting extensive international diary and travel
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills
· Unflappable under pressure and able to handle high volumes of queries/requests with patience, diplomacy and tact
· Meticulous attention to detail, with strong editing skills and a good eye for design
· Strong problem solving skills and quick thinking approach to be able to handle a variety of situations
· Excellent organisational and multi-tasking ability
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people
· A friendly team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
· Strong solution focus
· Lots of common sense and the ability to take initiative
· Strong command of the English language both verbally and in writing
· Adaptable to business needs and prepared to go the extra mile
· Flexible approach to the role including a willingness to work flexible hours where required
· Good research skills
· Maturity and discretion in dealing with and working through confidential and non-routine information
· Exposure of working within a global business and to international time-zones
· Understanding of UK, USA and Australia higher education (private sector preferred)
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online form / email address
Closing date: 25 January 2019