We are looking to recruit a graduate trainee for an immediate start to work as an Accounts Assistant in a 40-strong Finance department which can offer excellent long-term career opportunities.
You will be a part of KI’s London-based accounting team, providing accounting support to both the English Language sector and the Higher education division. As the Accounts Assistant, you will have a variety of responsibilities, supporting the overall shared service function. This is an ideal role for an ambitious graduate looking to kickstart their career in accountancy, the various Finance teams offer great opportunities for internal progression.
Responsibilities will include:
- processing the fortnightly Host Family Payment runs
- responsibility for one of the division’s small Accounts Payable Ledgers
- providing assistance with accounts payable, payment runs and payables management
- responsibility of bank reconciliations and payments
- posting and reconciling school finance reports weekly
- reconciling of intercompany accounts at month end
- advising staff and assisting them with queries and gathering information as required
- providing adhoc support when required by senior members of the team
- minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably inclusive of accounting modules
- intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
- strong technical accounting skills
- strong customer service ethos and high attention to detail
- systematic and organised approach
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- ability to process high volumes of work, to deadlines with minimal supervision
- quick to pick up and apply knowledge
- high level of initiative, self-motivation and drive
- reliable with a flexible attitude
What we will offer you:
This is a full-time, 12 month position with a salary of £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
- supportive work environment
- stunning, architect-designed offices in West Kensington, London
- communal seating and eating areas, kitchens, showers and on onsite bar
- friendly team of international, multilingual colleagues
- on-going training and coaching from experienced supervisors
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: Friday, 26th April
Kaplan International English and Kaplan Pathways are divisions of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company). Our Higher Education division offers progression for international students from all over the world into undergraduate and postgraduate study at a broad portfolio of British, American and Australian universities. Kaplan International English is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 38 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.