The University of Essex International College (UEIC) is recruiting for its Summer 2019 PSE Programme
The University of Essex International College has been set up in partnership with the University of Essex to provide new routes for international students wishing to study degrees at the University. The University of Essex is one of the most international universities in Britain and is also known for its bold approach to teaching, research and innovation. Located in the historic Constable Building on the University’s Colchester campus, the college delivers undergraduate Foundation, International Year One, Pre-Master’s and Pre-Sessional English programmes and a range of other support and extracurricular services.
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
We are looking for passionate teachers to join our EAP and Study Skills Team for Summer 2019. The roles will involve delivering a range of modules aimed at helping students improve their language and study skills to prepare for UG and PG and Programmes. The role will be of particular interest to candidates who have significant teaching experience, experience working with international students, facilitating learner centred learning and a demonstrable desire to see students achieve their goals. We will have multiple intakes and are looking to fill positions on 20, 15, 10, 5 and 4 week Programmes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Teaching 8 to 20 hours per week to international students
- Delivering classes that are learner-centred and provide differentiation between students
- Assisting with production and quality assurance of module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Conducting, marking and providing feedback to students on summative assessments
- Facilitating student access to and use of the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- keeping up to date with college communication by email
- Attending and participating in regular meetings
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree
- A DELTA qualification and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in teaching English as a foreign language or a CELTA qualification and extensive experience of teaching international students.
- Significant EAP/Academic Skills teaching experience
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for your subject and an ability to inspire students to achieve
- An interest in integrating technology into teaching in order to enhance the student experience, including flipped learning and digital assessments
- The ability to facilitate learner-centred learning in groups, teams, and individually using a range of tasks, activities and resources
- Ability to commence employment on April 25th, June 3rd, July 1st or August 5th 2019
Application method and closing date
Please apply with CV and covering letter, explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role and your motivation for joining our team.
Closing Date for Applications: We are recruiting for programmes ranging from 20 weeks to 4 weeks and so will be accepting applicants up until 30th June.