Fixed term: 18 months, full time contract
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan Inc., is a leading for-profit company in the field of international education, which offers Higher education programmes for students in the UK, USA, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, English language courses across locations in UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and vocational training for financial services sector in Australia. We welcome students from more than 100 countries around the world. Kaplan Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit http://careers.kaplaninternational.com
Technology is an important enabler at Kaplan International. Each year, we are privileged to welcome many thousands of students into our classrooms around the world and it is primarily the needs of these students that drive our technology roadmap – from websites which are easy to navigate, booking systems which cut down on complexity and turnaround times through to a study experience which provides students with a seamless online and offline journey.
About the role
We are now looking to appoint a Digital Product Management Director who will have accountability for developing and delivering the roadmap of future digital products and services for Kaplan International’s Higher Education businesses which include Kaplan International Pathways and Kaplan Open Learning.
As the Digital Product Management Director, reporting to the CIO, you will:
- Work in a matrix structure to lead a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team to bring to market commercially successful solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers
- Take overall responsibility for the process of developing Kaplan International Pathways’ digital and services development throughout the whole life cycle
- Ensure delivery of a commercially-viable product which meets needs of all stakeholders, enhances our brand and delivers ROI
- Lead design and delivery of product roadmap, sourcing and leveraging internal resources and/or external application partners as appropriate;
- Collaborate with all teams across the business, bringing together virtual teams to develop strong propositions
- Work in close partnership with technology colleagues to move products successfully through to solution development and delivery
- Help stakeholders to understand the operational and technical changes required to implement changes and solutions
- Work with architects and developers to design a technical solution using modern technologies
- Highly available, scalable, performant
- API ready – REST based, JSON for domain-based data design.
- Cloud first
- Server less front-end applications
- Caching layers
- Act as Kaplan International Pathways’ technology advocate who drives forward all digital product development for the business
- Develop and execute a plan for wider adoption of digital product management practice
- Strong Influencing skills
- Flexible team worker, collaborative, practical advocating, driving and supporting our purpose, values, strategy and prevailing operating plans.
- A track record of bringing to market commercially successful digital products and services
- Experience of leading a high-performance cross-functional team
- Digital product management experience in a commercial environment
- Experience of delivering products through inhouse teams and partnerships
- Experience of gathering user feedback through focus groups, online surveys and such
- Experience of leading UX designs
- Proven ability in establishing strong working relationships with partners & providers
- Extensive experience of managing and leading people
- Track record of working effectively across diverse teams which include marketing, sales, technical and finance
- Experience of having delivered tangible improvements in business efficiency and effectiveness
Please apply with your CV and Covering Letter.