Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan Inc., is a leading for-profit company in the field of international education, which offers Higher education programmes for students in the UK, USA, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, English language courses across locations in UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and vocational training for financial services sector in Australia. We welcome students from more than 100 countries around the world. Kaplan Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit http://careers.kaplaninternational.com
Technology is an important enabler at Kaplan International. Each year, we are privileged to welcome many thousands of students into our classrooms around the world and it is primarily the needs of these students that drive our technology roadmap – from websites which are easy to navigate, booking systems which cut down on complexity and turnaround times through to a study experience which provides students with a seamless online and offline journey.
About the role
Reporting to the Digital Product Management Director, you will lead digital production for Kaplan Pathways, a remit which encompasses our Wordpress-built websites, www.kaplanpathways, www.kic.org.cn including a blog and a self-services online platform for both students and agencies. You will be a member of a cross functional team focused on creating the best customer journey. One of your key challenges will be getting to know the business and understanding the commercial objectives so that work can be appropriately prioritised and resourced to deliver best return on investment.
More specifically, you will:
• Drive progress of the product backlog, from user stories through to technical specs
• Discuss business issues with stakeholders, identifying potential digital solutions
• Define technical requirements to address issues or exploit commercial opportunities
• Create clear, detailed acceptance criteria for user stories which can guide the work of developers and QA/Test analysts
• Prioritise and supervise the work of a developer, offshore development team and a partner agency
• Work to deliver products and features to the highest standards, on time and on budget
• Ensure that features deliver an enhanced user experience and ROI
• Provide ongoing updates to business stakeholders on progress of digital production work
• Participate in solution design and platform architecture discussions to bring business long-term view
There may also be an opportunity for you to manage and guide a small team.
• Able to think strategically and cut through complexity
• Strong project manager who can deliver projects on-time whilst maintaining a focus on quality and detail
• Capacity to juggle multiple workstreams, whilst maintaining appropriate, regular communication with all stakeholders and project team members
• Flexible, open communicator who can talk to a range of audiences from business stakeholders and technical experts through digital marketers and 3rd party technology suppliers – and at all levels up to the senior executive team
• Able to connect business, technical and marketing colleagues and draw on collective expertise to devise solutions which deliver the best results
• Passionate about building features which help customers find their way to right product and service as efficiently and painlessly as possible
• Passionate about the application of technology and digital experience to solve business problems
• Committed to digital excellence
• Highly accountable for deadlines and deliverables
• Able to build high levels of trust within own team and wider business
• Caring and supportive towards the people you work with
Knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience.
• Previous experience of working in a lean or agile project management environment (Scrum or Kanban) would be desirable.
• Track record, with at least one digital product management role under your belt, preferably in a multi-channel environment.
• Experience of managing multi‐language websites and API driven solutions.
• Experience working with third party vendors/outsourced partners.
• Experience in UX (user experience) concepts.
Please apply by 13th May 2019 with a CV and Covering Letter.