Finance and HR Manager
We are looking for an experienced Finance and HR Manager to join beo in as an expanding company BEO is a specialist student recruiter and in-country delivery company which has held a position of market dominance in the Japanese UK student recruitment market. As such we are looking for a Finance and HR Manager to join our team in Tokyo, Japan.
beo was established in 2000 as a consultancy service for top universities wishing to recruit well-qualified and suitable international students. In providing such recruitment services beo has since grown into a transnational organisation, placing students into all levels of international education through counselling centres in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. beo is the market leader in offering comprehensive student recruitment services and university academic preparation programmes.
Our business is complex. Recruiting students to multiple destinations, across multiple time-zones and currencies brings challenges. We invest considerably in high-quality online and offline marketing.
About the role
We are looking for a talented, commercially-minded Finance and HR Manager to join our management team. You’ll report directly to our Managing Director and will play a pivotal role in creating a strategy for our long-term business development. Your role will encompass about 60% financial analysis and 40% HR responsibilities.
On the finance side you will use your analytical and finance skills to drive the accuracy of our reporting and help us make better sense of the numbers. How well did that marketing activity actually perform? How many students did we manage to recruit and at what cost? Are there other areas where we could be investing for a better return? These are the kinds of questions that you’ll be working to help solve.
On the HR side, you will be responsible with other key members of the senior team for recruiting and expanding our team. You will ensure that we are adhering to Japan labour laws and HR policy. In addition, you’ll have responsibility for staff and developing HR policies, internal communication and rollout to the domestic offices.
Your key responsibilities:
· Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
· Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and business decision-making. This will include evaluating the costs of student acquisition to support investment/ divestment decisions
· Ensure that adequate financial controls and systems are in place
· Produce monthly management reports with variance analysis for department functions and narratives summarising performance
· Working with our accountant to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of month end and year end reporting
· Produce annual internal staff commission reports
· Take the lead on preparing the annual budgets and the monthly forecast updates
· Work closely with the divisional finance and marketing teams to ensure consistent reporting of financial and non-financial metrics
· Liaise with key budget holders regarding any account queries
· Use Salesforce CRM system and work with IT to enhance efficiencies
· Work on special projects and other business requests as required
· Oversight of administrative processes relating to all elements of the employee lifecycle in line with company, regulatory and legal requirements
· Liaise with relevant local authorities on issues related to administrative and personnel issues
· Oversee the implementation of HR policies, including appraisals, contract renewals and updates to employment policies
· Working closely with other offices, including colleagues in the UK, Hong Kong and Thailand, Senior Management, IT, Marketing and Events.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· An accounting qualification
· Financial analysis skills
· Data management
· Extensive knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, excel formulae
· Confident and articulate individual who can build rapport and work with senior colleagues
· Self-disciplined and accountable for producing high-quality work
· Flexible and adaptable in a challenging, fast-changing business environment
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to investigate problem areas with an inquisitive mind
· Good time management and organisational skills in planning own work
· Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills both verbal and written
· Native Japanese Speak (N1) with a high level of English (TOEIC 900+)
· Knowledge and experience in the international education sector
· Previous finance management experience
· Previous experience using integrated reporting tools
· Previous business partnering experience
What we will offer you
As our Finance and HR Manager you will join a highly committed, passionate team of international education professionals , based in our Head office in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
Benefits of working at beo:
· Being part of an international company, whose parent company is a listed on the NYSE (GHC).
· Generous support package, including bonus and travel allowance
· Domestic and International travel
· Clear career progression opportunities
· Subsides Education grants for staff and family members (Online degrees, English classes, etc)
· Work in a diverse ‘English speaking’ office environment, with colleagues from over 10 different countries around the world.
If our company and role feel like a good fit for your skills, experience and interests, we’d love to hear from you so do please apply with your CV and a covering letter. (We do read covering letters so please don’t skip this vital part of the application process).
Closing date: 14 June, 2019