Kaplan Inc is one of the world’s most dynamic private education providers with revenues exceeding US$2.6 billion. One of Kaplan’s most recent international initiatives involves the development of a network of International Colleges across the UK and USA in partnership with some of the world leading universities. Kaplan International aims to deliver world-leading accelerated pathway programmes designed specifically to meet the needs of international students. The colleges are operated in partnership with UK, US and Australian universities, located on or close to the campus of the partner university. Our programmes are designed to prepare international students for entry to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the partner university, in addition to providing direct entry routes at some partner universities.
We are now recruiting an International Student Advisor to join our team. You will contribute to Kaplan’s success by providing industry-leading customer service to prospective students as well as their parents, guardians or sponsors on study options at our pathway colleges in both the UK and USA and by helping students move from the initial stages of their application journey to enrolment. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and will relish the opportunity to represent and cultivate a high-value, premium brand product.
Main responsibilities and functions
· Counselling students who hold a Kaplan offer of study, advising them on course and accommodation options and handling their concerns or objections
· Using sales techniques, influencing applicants to accept their offer
· Meeting conversion and enrolment targets
· Applying your awareness and understanding of the specific markets allocated to you and working closely with the relevant regional teams to meet team goals
· Documenting all calls and communication with students in Salesforce CRM
· Working with the team's visa advisor to ensure successful enrolment of all students who pay a deposit and confirm their place on Kaplan's programs
· Working on conversion for other markets from time to time as assigned by your line manager
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following:
· A university degree, ideally from a country other than your native country
· Demonstrable track record in a sales or customer service role and experience working towards team and individual targets
· Enthusiasm for outbound sales and cold-calling, putting your influencing skills to good use
· Excellent oral and written communication skills through telephone, email, WhatsApp, skype and other platforms.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to learn multiple products quickly
· Exceptional customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile for students and their parents, sponsors and guardians
· An ability to prioritise effectively and manage time under pressure, keeping a cool head
· A high level of administration and organisational skills
· Patience and proven problem-solving skills
· A high level of enthusiasm and personal commitment
· The ability to work independently and to deadline
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Willingness to work flexible hours where required (including some weekends during critical periods)
Also, desirable would be:
· Experience using Salesforce CRM as a sales tool
· Study abroad experience/ International student graduate
· Awareness of Tier 4 student visa requirements
· Fluency in an additional language
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of professional reference checks