Kaplan International English, a division of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company), is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 40 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
About the role
Reports: This position reports to the Principal with dotted line reporting to the Student Services Manager UK & Ire.
The Role: The Student Services Manager oversees general customer services, student finance and manages day-to-day student administration. In addition they play a key role in maximising school revenue by promoting the school to potential and existing students.
Objective: To exceed customer expectations through taking a lead role in initiatives to improve the student experience and to promote the school to potential and existing students in order to increase revenue.
Location: The post is based in Kaplan International Covent Garden but may require occasional attendance at other sites within the UK and some travel outside the UK.
Main responsibilities and functions
· To manage the student services department, including front of house reception staff and services
· To ensure all visitors are given a warm welcome and receive a positive impression of the school
· To be responsible for ensuring all student services enquiries are resolved quickly and concisely, whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service
· To promote Kaplan programmes to potential and existing students
· To ensure revenue for the school is maximized
· To manage all relevant financial returns ensuring they are produced on due dates, accurately and to specification.
· To be responsible for collecting outstanding fees
· To oversee and ensure compliance with all accrediting bodies
· To take a lead role in the induction of new students, ensuring the induction is delivered with the customer journey in mind
· In liaison with the Principal, ensure the school premises and facilities meet current health and safety regulations and are kept in a proper state of maintenance and repair
· To take a lead role in improving the student experience as a whole, and to be the link between all departments of the school
· All members of the school team are responsible for all aspects of our students safeguarding and welfare in conjunction with the wider school and company management teams.
- Experience (essential) - Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience (desirable) - Experience of processing payments and producing financial reports
- Qualifications (desirable) - University degree
· Ability to deal with and resolve a high volume of queries efficiently
· Ability to demonstrate safe recruitment practices leading to the hiring of exceptional staff
· Ability to find and present solutions
· Ability to manage and implement change
· Ability to manage performance and development of staff
· Ability to motivate others to achieve goals
· Ability to promote the school and KIE services
· Ability to relate to and build rapport with international students
· Ability to sell products and services to current and potential customers
· Ability to set and work within financial parameters
· Ability to use initiative and make decisions when required
· Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member of a team
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent IT skills including MS Office
· Excellent organisation skills and ability to multitask, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
· Exceptional customer service ethos
· High level of approachability and patience
· High level of self-motivation and a commitment to personal development
· Strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
Special requirements: The jobholder will be required to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check
Disclaimer and Revision Date
This is a non-exhaustive list of the duties of the above role and the person specification of the job holder. The Company reserves the right to amend this document as the needs of the business require.
Revision date for this job description: Jun 2020
Closing date: 19th June 2019 - please apply with a CV and covering letter.