Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities.
Kaplan International College London, London Bridge
The College is operated in partnership with the University of Westminster, City University, University of Liverpool in London, University of Bristol, Cranfield University, University of York, Aston University, and the University of Birmingham. It offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to university.
The Senior College Services Senior Administrator (Progression and University Placement Service) provides a vital role in supporting KIC London students as they progress to our partner universities.
Main responsibilities and functions
Senior College Services Senior Administrator (Progression and University Placement Service)
- Counsel students regarding their university placement options and prepare and submit university applications where required
- Liaise with university partners to coordinate and attend visits for KIC London students as part of their transition to university. This includes booking transport, coordinating staffing and preparing itineraries
- Developing student engagement opportunities with partner universities; this includes arranging visits and lectures to the College and promoting university events
- Co-ordinate student progression route changes in college and work with the University Partnership Development Manager on implementing progression change processes, academic counselling
- Work with members of the College Services team, to participate in the student progression process at relevant points in the student life cycle, updating the University Placement System (UPS) with the student outcomes and ensuring students identify insurance options where appropriate
- Ensure that all college records, including the CRM database, and UPS system related to KIC London student progression are accurate and up-to-date
- Track students for successful enrolment at university and follow up when they do not enrol
- Attend meetings of the wider Kaplan UPS team at college locations around the UK (2 -3 times per year)
- Coordinate creation and distribution of university ID cards to KIC London students
- Coordinate visits to KIC London by partner agents and potential students, involving colleagues as required
- Manage the production and transmission of results data to partner universities, including re-sit and clearing period and liaising with hosts throughout the clearing period
- Additional duties as and when required by the University Partnerships Development Manager, Head of College Services and the College Director
General (College Services)
- Assist with day-to-day student enquiries within the College Services Hub
- Assist with the organisation and running of the college induction programme
- Update student data management systems
- Assist with the development of the college social programme
- Assist other departments within the College Services team as required
- Outstanding customer services skills. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience and to build rapport with students.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a quick-thinking approach to be able to handle a variety of situations
- An ability to prioritise effectively, be flexible and self-manage under pressure whilst maintaining standards
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and the ability to manage and analyse data
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent or substantial professional experience.
- Good working knowledge of compliance requirements for international students
- A sound understanding of UK HE, with experience of having worked in the Pathway or University Sector an advantage
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th July 2019
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service (formerly CRB). Employment is conditional upon successful DBS clearance and on receiving satisfactory references. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.