Location: Kaplan Living, (Brighton) UK
Reporting to: Deputy Manager
2 part time positions available
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.
· To work as a member of the team, providing a front line response in both planned and reactive maintenance service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement with our stakeholders.
· Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining correct stock levels.
· Ensure that the working environment is maintained in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, including keeping the site clean by litter picking on a daily basis, supporting the cleaning staff with rubbish removal and, when required, clearing snow and ice from pathways and putting down grit
· Clean designated areas within the accommodation building including reception, laundry and social areas
· Undertake duties involving movement of loads (e.g. bins/ white goods etc.)
· Identify and resolve maintenance issues ensuring these are reported using the correct process
· Undertake training as required
· Be prepared to work as part of a rolling roster including weekends including student arrival weekends
· Adhere to the company dress policy at all times
· If a Kaplan College is connected to a residence, classroom set up and maintenance of the college will be required.
· Deal with any complaints that are received and escalate these immediately to the relevant manager
· Assist with statutory testing including fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and fire detector checks, water temperature monitoring, shower head cleaning and emergency lighting checks
· Other duties as commensurate with the post
Health and Safety
· Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order
· Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the site ensuring all information is passed to the relevant manager
· Comply with the requirements of Kaplan residence’s and stakeholders operational procedures and policies including those relating to health and safety
· Understand and observe Kaplan’s site rules at all times
· Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
· Comply with Kaplan Residence’s statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work among the workforce.
· Conduct security patrols to ensure building and students are safe.
· If a Kaplan College is attached ensuring this building is locked up and secure
Student Welfare and Customer Services
· Provide pastoral care to students
· Be the 1st point of contact to residents
· Assist with any Front of House responsibilities including Parcel collections.
· Assist the team with any social activity within the building.
· Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
· Be able to work within a set budget
Marketing & promotion
· Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
· Any other duties as required by the Residence Manager and/ or Deputy Manager
The successful applicant will:
· Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
· Have experience in a customer facing environment
· Have recent experience of working in a maintenance / caretaking role
· Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation.
· Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
Essential skills/ experience
§ Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation
§ Be able to work as part of a team, and work on own initiative
§ Budget management.
§ Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Closing date: 25th July 2019