Location: Kaplan Living, UK
Reporting to: Deputy Manager
Hours of Work: Full time
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Clean designated areas within the accommodation building including, bedrooms, en-suite shower rooms, kitchens, white goods contained in the kitchens and communal areas
· Wash walls, doors, furniture, radiators and shower cubicles, as appropriate.
· Empty waste bins and remove rubbish from flats to bin store areas
· Make beds, including stripping and changing sheeting, collection of laundered linen from store and bagging up laundry for collection, during the semester/short let season
· Clean internal windows, where applicable
· Be a principal point of contact for our students.
· Communicate to our international students in clear and correct English to avoid miscommunications.
· Take responsibility for the Housekeeping Induction for all our students, teaching them good hygiene and cooking safety practices.
· Be aware of the Fire Safety Policy, take a leading role in Fire Evacuation Drills and Actual evacuations.
· Be a leader in COSHH Knowledge in the building and be involved in new staff inductions in COSHH.
· Carpet Cleaning & Floor Buffing
· Undertake training as required
· Be prepared to work as and when the need arises, especially during the various student arrival and departure weekends, open days etc.
· To act in accordance with all Health & Safety policies and practices
· Report any maintenance defects using the correct procedures
· Deal with complaints that are received and escalate these to the relevant manager
· Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with the company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
· Adhere to the company dress code policy at all times
· Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
· Other duties as commensurate with the post
The successful applicant will:
· Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living
· Be a COSHH & Health & Safety Champion.
· Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
· Have experience in a customer facing environment
· Ability to offer flexibility in working hours.
· Maintain confidentiality.
Essential skills/ experience
· Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally in Hotels or Student accommodation.
· Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
· Good communication and customer care skills.
· Capable of working with minimum supervision.
· Work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others.
Please apply by uploading your CV & cover letter.