Location: Kaplan Living, Brighton - UK
Reporting to: Deputy Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
Salary: £21,000 per annum
2 positions available
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.
• To work as a member of the team, providing a front line response in both planned and reactive maintenance service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement with our stakeholders.
• Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining correct stock levels.
• Ensure that the working environment is maintained in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, including keeping the site clean by litter picking on a daily basis, supporting the cleaning staff with rubbish removal and, when required, clearing snow and ice from pathways and putting down grit
• Undertake duties involving movement of loads (e.g. bins/ white goods etc.)
• Identify and resolve maintenance issues ensuring these are reported using the correct process
• Undertake training as required
• Be prepared to work as part of a rolling roster including weekends including student arrival weekends
• Adhere to the company dress policy at all times
• If a Kaplan College is connected to a residence, classroom set up and maintenance of the college will be required.
• Deal with any complaints that are received and escalate these immediately to the relevant manager
• Assist with statutory testing including fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and fire detector checks, water temperature monitoring, shower head cleaning and emergency lighting checks
• Other duties as commensurate with the post
Health and Safety
• Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order
• Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the site ensuring all information is passed to the relevant manager
• Comply with the requirements of Kaplan residence’s and stakeholders operational procedures and policies including those relating to health and safety
• Understand and observe Kaplan’s site rules at all times
• Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
• Comply with Kaplan Residence’s statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work among the workforce.
• Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
• Be able to work within a set budget
Marketing & promotion
• Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
• Any other duties as required by the Residence Manager and/ or Deputy Manager
The successful applicant will:
• Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
• Have experience in a customer facing environment
• Have recent experience of working in a maintenance / caretaking role
• Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation.
• Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
• Some experience in plumbing and electrics is preferable.
Essential skills/ experience
Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation
Be able to work as part of a team, and work on own initiative
Some experience in plumbing and/or electric is preferable
Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
This is a hands-on role. Our Kaplan Living team lead from the front and by example. If you think you are that person then please send us your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you feel you meet our criteria above.
Closing date: 19th July 2019