Kaplan International Pathways is looking to hire a new Web Designer. The successful candidate will work within a passionate and collaborative Content and Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Web Designer and working closely with many in the digital functions including Editors, Video Producers, Email and Social Media marketing professionals.
We want to talk to you if your portfolio includes clean, modern, responsive. If you stay current with the latest in web design and development trends, and are an enthusiastic team player, you’d be a great fit for this position.
About the role
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off and engineering
- Interpret business requirements in order to conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present designs and key deliverables to peers and management level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ensure the websites comply with university and Kaplan brand guidelines
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable design skills with a portfolio
- Proficiency in Figma/Sketch
- Knowledge of web accessibility
- Basic knowledge in HTML, CSS for rapid prototyping
- Experience creating responsive website designs for multiple devices like mobile and tablet
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience creating designs for Wordpress websites
- Web animation
- Adobe suite: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 8 leading well-ranked UK universities.
Please apply with covering letter and CV (including any links to your portfolio).