Here at Liverpool International College, we’re looking to appoint an Onsite IT Support Engineer initially on a 6-month contract to provide first and second line technical support to academic and college staff at our brand new, purpose-built, live/learn facility in the heart of Liverpool’s vibrant Knowledge Quarter. Our students, who are predominantly aged between 17 and 23 years, come from more than 100 countries to prepare for entry into degree programmes at the University of Liverpool. Our committed team of teachers and support staff are there every step of the way, supporting them to flourish academically and socially.
This in an entry level position with great potential for career advancement.
To succeed in this role, you will need an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems - ranging from straightforward fixes and resolutions to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role as well as generally maintaining the college IT Equipment (cable tidy).
• Building and configuring Laptops and Desktops (Dell and Lenovo) from a network image using SCCM and assisting staff with the initial setup of equipment
• Providing 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT and AV related problems from in-house software to hardware such as, Laptops, PCs, mobile devices, VOIP phones, servers and Printers
• Troubleshooting basic network issues such as diagnosing WAP health using Cisco Meraki Dashboard
• Delivering basic in-house training for Office 365 applications
• Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
• Basic Active Directory administration including creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc.
• Using your basic understanding of a Citrix Environment (XenApp, NetScaler) to resolve Citrix issues
• Microsoft 365 admin centre administration (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams)
• Administrate screen formatting and displays around the college
• Look after printers for both student and staff printing
• Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone, email and the service desk (ServiceNow)
• Keeping all IT Equipment organised and tidy, both in classrooms, staffrooms and breakout areas
• Maintaining an Asset Database (currently in SharePoint), add asset tags to machines and track changes
• Escalating unresolved or complex calls to the Service Desk Manager, System Administrators, Business Systems or Vendor
• Frequently reporting to the Service Desk Manager regarding ageing and trending tickets
• Being available to work rotating shifts between 08:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
• Acting as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
• Working in a busy vibrant service desk team of 7 engineers
• Taking ownership of user problems, following up on status of problems, on behalf of the user and communicating the progress, in a timely manner, in line with SLA’s
• Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhering to all Kaplan policies and procedures (GDPR and SOX)
• Working collaboratively with project teams to implement new internal systems and hardware deployment
• Adapting and learning internal business systems alongside new technologies applicable to your career path
• Excellent communication skills including a polite telephone manner and clear spoken English
• Significant IT Service Desk and/or IT Support experience required
• MCP certification Windows 10, CompTIA A+ or similar
• Strong troubleshooting skills from software to hardware including but not limited to; laptops, PC’s, photocopiers, multifunctional printers, AV equipment, and VOIP phones
• Considerable experience in User & Security Group Active Directory administration
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10, Server 2012 and Office 365
• Experience with using and troubleshooting Office 365 Exchange Administration (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
• Excellent organisational skills
• High level of self-motivation and a passion for providing excellent customer service
• Ability and willingness to attend site visits as required
• An ITIL qualification
• Full UK driving license
• Knowledge of SCCM and ability to deploy network image on to laptops and desktops
• A methodical and intelligent approach to troubleshooting
• Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues and have a good understanding of routers, switches, WAP’s, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Firewalls, WAN, LAN, NAS and VOIP Telephony
Please apply with CV and cover letter.
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan Inc., is a leading for-profit company in the field of international education, which offers Higher education programmes for students in the UK, USA, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, English language courses across locations in UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and vocational training for financial services sector in Australia. We welcome students from more than 100 countries around the world. Kaplan Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit http://careers.kaplaninternational.com
IT at Kaplan International is a key enabler which helps us to deliver high levels of customer service and an outstanding educational experience in our schools and colleges where each year we welcome many thousands of international students.