Kaplan Open Learning is seeking to recruit online Computing Science, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Content Developers and Tutors to form a pool of experts who will be called upon when required and by mutual agreement. This is an excellent opportunity to extend expertise in the fast-growing sector of on-line learning and tuition.
Subject areas of interest include but are not limited to:
· Artificial Intelligence
· Software Development and Engineering
· Database Systems
· Web Development
· Machine and Deep Learning
· Natural Language Processing
· Multi-Agent Systems
· Cyber Security
The Content Developer role involves writing and producing academic content based on programme and module specifications and in collaboration with our learning technology and academic teams. It includes developing and recording audio lecture casts, setting unit reading and designing assessments which include discussion forum topics, assignment questions and short formative exercises. Full support and training is provided.
The Tutor role involves providing webinar teaching sessions, moderating and assessing student work, moderating discussion forums, providing appropriate and suitable feedback to students and responding to academic queries, based upon content previously developed. Experienced tutors may also be asked to provide mentoring to new tutors, pending successful completion of tutor training.
The roles are available on a freelance basis and offer flexible and remote working that can fit around existing commitments. The roles would suit a range of suitably qualified candidates including university lecturers, postdoctoral researchers, industry professionals and part-time or retired academics.
The role offers an opportunity to enhance learning and teaching experience in an on-line environment and to work with an international cohort of students. Rates of pay are competitive.
Successful candidates will have:
· A PhD in a related subject and/or extensive relevant industrial experience
· A credible research track record in a field of Computer Science, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence
· Experience of module development or delivery and assessment at Level 7 (Master’s) within the Higher Education sector or Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
· Experience of supervising projects at Level 7 (Master’s) within the Higher Education sector
· Experience of teaching in an online environment
· Experience of module and/or course leadership in a Higher Education institution
About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning (KOL) is a specialist UK online higher education provider. KOL’s online learning environment leverages the knowledge, expertise and technological capabilities developed at Kaplan learning centres around the world.
Application Method and Closing Date:
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter by midnight (UK time) on Friday, 31st January, 2020. Informal enquiries can be directed by email to Ida Kemp, Deputy Academic Director, Kaplan Open Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org.