We are looking to recruit a numerate, organised and personable individual to join our Finance department as a Credit Controller. We can offer study support for employees working towards or wanting to work towards a CICM qualification and long-term career opportunities.
As a key member of our finance team, you will work alongside members of staff who have a wealth of experience in tax, audit, management accounting and financial planning. Within the team, there are also growth opportunities to assist and cover general accounting tasks such as balance sheet controls, month end processing and one-off projects.
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our excellence in teaching and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
About the role
You will be the first point of contact for our student finance queries from staff and students studying in our colleges. You will be given responsibility for administering accurate collection processes and student debt for several our colleges and for dealing with student queries and debt in an efficient and customer focussed way. You will ensure the student ledger is accurate; outstanding debtor balances are chased on time with repeated follow-ups, if needed; key business partners are kept up to date with debt status and any trends you identify, whilst escalating issues and concerns where necessary.
Your main responsibilities and functions
· Preparing monthly collections processes within prescribed guidelines. Performing follow-ups ensuring to collect outstanding balances by email and telephone.
· Issuing copy invoices when required by email or post.
· Liaising with relevant Staff and Senior Managers at Colleges to support collection of monies outstanding as required.
· Finance meetings with Students during peak enrolment times.
· Reviewing accounts for debt and credit write offs in partnership with College Directors.
· Updating student accounts where there are agreed changes to a student’s study plan.Support with processing refunds.
· Investigating and clearing of old outstanding balances.
· Liaising with internal and external parties to resolve queries as necessary.
· Preparing and monitoring payment plans for bill payers (students, parents, agents).
· Fostering and maintaining good business relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external).
· Identifying and recommending process improvements related to own work.
· Ad-hoc tasks
This role would be ideal for candidates with an interest in getting their career in accounting started. To be considered for the role, you will need:
· 3 A-levels (or equivalent)
· Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume finance environment.
· Strong client focus and customer service skills
· excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-task
· Evidence of having worked effectively in a team
· strong work ethic
· Ability to use own initiative and work well as part of a team.
· Some excel knowledge would be beneficial (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data)
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by Friday 19th June.