Programme Support Coordinator
About Kaplan Open Learning
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Programme Support Co-ordinator who will take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of named programmes in specific subject areas. Working alongside the Academic Heads of Department you will project manage and maintain compliance with the quality assurance processes of our validating University Partners.
You will be able to manage a busy workload and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment. Good written communication, problem solving skills, and an eye for detail are essential. Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills are required, and you must be an effective team worker. You will have previous experience of working in a deadline-driven environment, be professional in your outlook, and be able to evolve systems and processes to meet future course delivery requirements.
- Co-ordinate Associate Tutor recruitment and selection and manage the initial onboarding process.
- Schedule and co-ordinate new tutor training in collaboration with Academic Heads of Departments.
- Issue contracts of allocated work to tutors , ensure that the HR system is accurately updated regarding contractual dates and relevant documents are uploaded
- Take responsibility for allocating tutors to modules in liaison with the Student Support team and monitor classes to ensure the optimum size according to cost and the learning/tutoring experience.
- Maintain accurate records relating to work allocated to tutors and associated payments in the in-house bespoke Information Management System.
- Collaborate with Student Support and the Academic Team to identify and address any issues with Associate Tutor compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Respond to general queries from Associate Tutors about IT issues, invoicing queries and email/platform problems.
- Collaborate with the Academic Team and Quality and Enhancement to support the annual review of Definitive Programme Documentation, to ensure accurate updated versions are published.
- Support the Academic Heads of Departments regarding new course development via collation or review of validation documentation in line with the KOL course development schedule.
- Prepare student grades and information for presentation at Board of Examiners meetings.
- Coordinate the Pre-Board meetings with the Academic Teams to review the student information prior to the Board of Examiners meetings.
- Attend Pre-Boards and Boards of Examiners meetings to provide accurate annotation and recording of the student outcomes agreed by the Board.
- Liaise with University appointed external examiners regarding exam board responsibilities.
- Undertake other tasks to improve processes within the Programme Support team
- Undertake allocated project work to improve documentation and online resources for tutors
Key Skills and Competencies
- An honours degree or experience of working in the education\training sector in a similar role
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and coordinate own workload and work to set deadlines
- Willingness to take on additional projects as and when required.
- Experience or knowledge of academic quality assurance processes in Higher Education
- Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 (dependent on experience)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- The opportunity to grow as part of a division in a successful multi-national education company.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested and suitable for this role.
The closing date is Friday 10th July 2020.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.