Director of Marketing and Communications
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Marketing and Communications will lead on the development and implementation of KOL’s marketing and communications strategy.
The post-holder will be the key institutional expert on international marketing and communications from both a strategic and tactical perspective and will thereby advise the most senior members of the leadership team. The post-holder will seek to increase student numbers, develop new markets and enhance the global reputation of our university partner brands.
The post-holder will relish the opportunity to work on their own initiative, demonstrating leadership and influencing skills, and lead a team of professionals, providing drive and motivation to meet the strategic goals of the organisation.
· Plan, develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy for multiple university partners and accompanying campaign plans which feed into the overarching KOL strategy.
· Overall responsibility for the development and oversight of marketing budgets and staff resources, ensuring transparency, accountability and value for money.
· Implement a data driven approach using market research, insight and analysis to inform the development, evaluation and ongoing optimisation of all marketing activity.
· Monitor the overall effectiveness of campaign plans in order to make informed and robust investment decisions.
· Analyse, interpret and communicate relevant management information to measure performance and make recommendations for change.
· Provide valuable market insight and recommendations to inform strategic and operational planning and decision-making.
· Provide the experience, leadership and creative skills to drive the marketing team forward by managing and motivating high performing teams.
· Build effective relationships with internal colleagues and University partners to support the achievement of agreed strategic recruitment objectives and priorities.
· Maintain oversight of organisational and university partner branding to ensure that all marketing materials are compliant.
· Ensure that messaging, information, content and quality is consistent with Higher Education quality standards and approaches (QAA guidelines, GDPR and CMA requirements).
· Develop relevant policies and procedures to ensure that branding and quality standards are adhered to.
· Keep informed of the developments in the fields of higher education, marketing, communications and public relations.
Qualifications and Skills
· A first degree
· Relevant higher degree or professional marketing qualification
· Experience at a senior level of successfully developing and executing a marketing strategy
· Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret market research, and the statistical competence to analyse, interpret and communicate relevant management information
· Experience of managing a budget ensuring return on investment and value for money
· A determination to succeed and meet targets
· Experience of leadership, effective resource allocation and planning.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector
· Experience of marketing in an international educational context
· Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with business partners and the ability to effectively influence decision makers.
· Contributory pension scheme
· Life assurance and income protection schemes
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Working hours 37.5 per week
· Remote working
· The opportunity to grow as part of a division in a successful multi-national education company
· Competitive salary.
Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Application deadline: 13th August, 2020
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.