IT Service Desk Technician
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is a leading for-profit company in the field of international education. Our programmes encompass foundation and pre-masters programmes for international students in the UK, US and Australia, English language programmes across the world, delivery of online degrees for two leading UK universities, ACCA, CIMA and AAT accountancy training in the UK and student accommodation provision. Kaplan, Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit http://careers.kaplaninternational.com
We are looking for a motivated and experienced full time IT Service Desk Technician who is looking to take the next step in their career in a dynamic and international business setting.
Your role will be to resolve IT issues of varying complexities, across a range of IT systems for onsite staff as well as domestic and international remote staff. You will be working collaboratively within a global IT team and will be reporting directly to the Regional Service Desk Manager. While predominantly providing 1st line IT support you may also be required to participate in the delivery of various IT projects, including but not limited to the physical installation and setup of various types of hardware such as PCs, Macs, routers, and switches.
You will need to take ownership and full responsibility for logging and handling your work, as well as monitoring the business systems and resolving issues. The operating hours are between 08:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday and you must be able to carry out site visits as required.
This role will be primarily office-based in West London and London Bridge area.
Key job responsibilities include, but and not limited to:
- Providing 1st line IT support for incidents and service requests in person or via remote support tools.
- Taking ownership and a proactive approach to ensure all incidents or service requests are resolved or closed within the agreed upon SLAs.
- Recording, tracking, and documenting the lifecycle of an incident or request within the ITSM system following ITIL best practices.
- Fixing causes, not just symptoms, and doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring.
- Investigating and implementing ways of reducing calls to the Service Desk.
- Managing end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights to various technology platforms while ensuring that all InfoSec, Compliance, SOX and GDPR requirements are consistently observed.
- Providing 1st line Microsoft 365 support.
- Managing on prem and Azure AD user and group objects.
- Supporting KI’s business systems and 3rd party applications.
- Contributing to our knowledge base and writing support documentation.
- Working effectively and productively within a team and with vendors as required.
- Setting up and configuring new hardware to meet business requirements.
- Monitoring and maintaining network equipment, servers, VOIP telephony systems and AV technologies.
- Keeping up to date on technology and new IT support techniques.
- Keeping peers and the Service Desk Manager informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Recognizing when to escalate IT issues to 2nd line support or other IT groups.
- Following the ITIL Framework when managing an Incident life cycle.
- Supporting the collection and administration of faulty devices with 3rd party supplier, while monitoring the process from collection to return of device.
- Carrying out maintenance on AV technologies used in our meeting rooms and supporting meetings when and where required.
- Delivering results set against individual and team KPIs.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Technical vocational training or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Proven customer service skills with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly.
- Ability to analyse, understand and effectively communicate deep technical materials.
- Working knowledge of SOX, GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 regulations and standards.
- Working knowledge of ITIL’s ITSM framework.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, on prem & Azure AD, network technologies, and VOIP systems.
- Sound knowledge of Win 7/10, Mac OS, MS Office productivity suite, and general desk support.
- Working Knowledge of mobile OS e.g. Android/iOS and Mobile Deployment Management.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- May need to travel domestically.
- Must be authorized to work in the UK.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Comp TIA A+, Network +
- ITIL V4 Foundation Certification·
- Microsoft Azure or any Microsoft 365 Certification.
- Bilingual (Ideally English and Spanish).
- SCCM/InTune knowledge and experience.
- CompTIA A+, CCNA or MCSA Office 365 certification.
- Experience with network Troubleshooting, routers, switches, WAP’s, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Firewalls, WAN, and LAN.
- Extensive knowledge of Mac OS and enterprise experience with supporting Mac devices with JAMF.
- Full UK driving license.
Benefits at Kaplan
- Holiday 25 days + Bank Holidays + Benefits (including discounts at leading retailers
- Pension matched by employer up to 4%
- Training and development opportunities
- Team Socials
Please apply with CV and cover letter by Thursday 15th April 2021
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.