College Services Administrator
At the heart of our educational approach is a belief in supporting students to become independent, motivated learners who will thrive in higher education. To do this, we recognise the need to provide a flexible, responsive experience which meets needs of learners who differ in background, requirements and pace. We are looking for a College Services Administrator who can join the team to continue to develop and enhance this approach.
About the Role
The College Services team play a vital role in supporting the administrative services provided to students and staff within the College. The team provides support across a range of areas, including academic and quality assurance, student progression, compliance, student wellbeing and administration. As a College Services Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day functions of College Services to ensure the effective and efficient administration of all processes and procedures within the College. This may cover all aspects of the student life-cycle, from registration, attendance, through assessment and examination, to completion and progression to University level study.
- Provide excellent customer service in person, by phone and online
- Deal with student enquiries by providing a flexible, personalised and inclusive approach
- Maintain accurate information on the student management system
- Support pre-arrival, arrivals, registration and Welcome activities
- Accurately input data and produce standard reports including student details, attendance information, student grades, basic finance information
- Assist in the maintenance and development of student facing information on the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Assist in the development and delivery of activities to support students in their learning including progression and extra-curricula initiatives
- Assist in the development of student social activities, social media
- Provide administrative support for key College Services functions for example timetabling, exams and assessments, compliance, student performance tracking and general support for the operation of the College
- Assisting in the support of specific cohorts of students including under 18s, and sponsored students
- Work as part of the College team to seek and respond to student feedback to improve the overall student experience
You will have:
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent (eg A Levels, BTEC), or relevant professional experience
- Strong interest in working with students and in particular international students
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent IT skills
- A flexible and inclusive approach
- Experience of working as part of a team to achieve goals
- Please note some occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
To Apply: Please apply with your CV and covering letter by 20th April 2021.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.