The newly created role sits within the Product Planning and Pricing team which is responsible for creating concepts for new products and services, making sure market requirements are integrated into the development and design process of every new vehicle line, and developing price strategies to achieve the volumes and profit targets of Kia in Europe.
Finally a challenge that matches your strengths.
Kia has been recognized as one of the fastest growing mainstream car brands in Europe over the past years. To continue this success story we constantly work on improving our product line-up, adapting it to new market trends as well as our own brand strategy. As a Trimline Strategy Manager you are responsible for the introduction of new processes to continuously review and optimize the trim line strategies of all carlines across 14 Kia Motors Europe (KME) Subsidiaries to maximize sales and profit.
- Develop and implement new processes to analyse existing trim line strategy in improvement opportunities to maximize customer value and therefore increase profitability as well as sales within the KME markets
- Work together with Product Managers in KME to identify changes needed to product plan to enable changes identified changes to trim lines
- Analyse results of public test realms (PTR) and work together with Pricing Team, Market Managers, Finance department and global HQ to carry out price repositioning in markets where needed, including shift of pricing/incentives
- Analyse incentives strategies of subsidiaries to ensure optimal use of resources at their disposal, by making use of competitive benchmarking, market research as well as through sharing of best practises.
- Work together with Pricing Team and global HQ to quantify impact of changes and report to top management during bi annual trim line strategy meetings
During development phase
- Work with Product Managers to identify missing features that should be developed for each carline under on the basis of market demand by developing a positive business case
- Work with Product Managers on cost reduction initiatives to evaluate impact on pricing
- Work with Product Managers to make sure product plan and option combination logic is not limiting neither market profitability nor reducing the sales potential
- Work with Pricing team to ensure price proposals from markets are reflecting optimal proposals from a trim line strategy perspective as well as correct incentives information
You have passion for cars? You like seeing the result of your work on the road? You enjoy working in an international environment and are up for a new challenge? If this describes you well and your profile is rounded up by the below skills, then this position as Trimline Strategy Manager at Kia’s European headquarter can be your next step.
University degree in Business, Economics or Engineering
minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in automotive, preferably in an international environment
Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, NCBS/mtab, etc.
Sound quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
Self-confident with positive thinking
Flexible with the ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-paced environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Further language skills are a plus
Good computer skills (MS Office)