An exciting opportunity to join one of the most reputable Press Office teams within the automotive industry. This role would preferably suit someone who has at least a year's experience working in a Press & PR office within the automotive industry and has an understanding of automotive journalist's expectations. The salary for this role is circa £27,000 per annum plus some great benefits.
Overall Purpose of Job
To support the effective communication of the Kia brand, its products and services to the department’s target customers – the UK media. To provide effective assistance in and administration of the implementation of department activities and to successfully operate a variety of customer-facing services and activities; primarily the press fleet and everything associated with it.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities:
- Press Fleet Coordinator –Manage the day to day operation of the press fleet: seamlessly organise media loans, long term loans and fleet stock rotation whilst monitoring thefinancial operation of the press fleet
- Product launch, drive event and ad hoc event vehicle organisation including transportation, ordering, corresponding information/tech specs creation
- On-going product news and information asset creation and maintenance (spec sheets, press packs, price lists, websites, photography, industry portals etc.) by conducting regular monitoring, auditing and updating of the Kia UK Media Website to ensure all content is relevant, logical and correct
- Automotive news creation and distribution (re-formatting global and EU releases, creation of UK releases) liaising with relevant departments within Kia Motors (UK) Ltd (KMUK), distribution to media via distribution services, Kia owned databases and uploading to appropriate media centres
- Effective support of all aspects of the department’s communication with target audiences and, in a timely manner, deal effectively with media inquiries and requests
- Building of quality media relationships and knowledge of the UK automotive media landscape
- Journalist database coordinator, ensuring all journalist details are reviewed and changed when required, ensuring that Kia abides by new 2018 data protection regulations
- Support the Director of Corporate Communications, Press Relations Manager and other Press Officer in all activities undertaken to deliver the department’s goals and strategies(ad hoc press tasks, database updates, associated finance tasks, data protection, and general team support). The other team Press Officer will act as occasional supervisor and mentor for this role
- Provide effective monitoring and outward and upward reporting of activities, to ensure smooth and beneficial team communication and cooperation
- Effectively operate and implement support systems and processes to assist in delivering the department’s goals and strategies
- Occasional PR event attendance and support.
- Graduate calibre or equivalent with minimum 1 years’ experience working in an automotive press office, handling (or knowledge of handling) the press fleet operation is preferable
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to write press materials and reformat outward facing documents
- Knowledge of UK automotive press landscape is desirable
- Experience and good level understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, CMS software and fleet booking/rotation process
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be motivated, self-reliant and self-confident with the ability to deliver to
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge and interest in the automotive industry and its products
- Must be flexible in working hours – occasional evening and weekend working an essential requirement
- Must be ready to travel – travel away from the office both within the UK and overseas is an essential requirement
- Musthave a full UK driving licence.