The role sits within the Kia’s European headquarter Marketing Communications team which is responsible for developing communication strategy, product and brand marketing campaigns and enhancing consumer experience through the European digital platforms. A key focus of the team is to enhancement brand perception and reputation in the region providing European markets with communication strategy, assets and platform tools related to the market introduction of new Kia models.
Finally a challenge that matches your strengths.
Kia has been recognized as one of the fastest growing mainstream car brands in Europe over the past years. To continue this success story we constantly work on upgrading consumers’ perception about the Kia brand mirroring the high quality of our Kia models. As Social Media Manager you are responsible to enhance Kia’s social media vision and strategy in line with the overall brand strategy as well as to successfully lead the activation, engagement and conversion of customers into fans in all social channels.
The range of tasks of the European Social Media Manager is as diverse as our portfolio of cars. It gives you the opportunity to shape the business from various angles and brings you in touch with a large number of different stakeholders within the Kia organization as well as from the agency partners in charge.
As part of the Communications team within Kia’s European headquarter (KME), governing the European subsidiaries and collaborating with Kia’s global headquarter you will
- Enhance Kia social media strategy to develop brand awareness and online reputation
- Define clear goals and plans for all social media projects and activities
- Oversee markets efforts in building online reputation and social care
- Expand the European community, advocacy and influencer outreach efforts
- Define solid content strategy, harmonizing messages for new model launches, brand, PR, sales, after sales, service, CRM and HR
- Create, curate and manage content for Pan-European social media campaigns for new product launches, brand and corporate to reach and engage Kia’s target customers
- Lead Content Committee with KME various departments (PR, sales, after sales, service, CRM and HR) to ensure their contribution to the content strategy and assets
- Monitor and listen to users to derive customer insights for implementation in overall marketing strategy
- Analyze campaigns and translate into recommendations and plans for revising social media strategy, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Educate on best practices and be the advocate for trends in social media tools, applications, channels and strategy
You are a strategic thinker with a passion for understanding how to engage and activate customers and develop content? Social Media and cars are fascinating you? If this describes you well and your profile is rounded up by the below skills, then this position as Social Media Manager at Kia’s European headquarter can be an exciting new challenge for you.
- University Degree (Masters preferred) in Marketing/Communications, Social Media or Economics with Marketing major
- 5+ years experience in social media strategy, campaigns, social activation and social care, ideally in Automotive business or on agency side
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Excellent strategic, project management and coordination skills
- Proven experience in assessing creative work and copywriting
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound.
- Ability to adapt in a multicultural/multi-stakeholder and fast developing environment
- Highly performance and results oriented
- Power of persuasion
- High motivation to constantly evolve Pan-European Social Media strategy & governance
A fluent English – standard for you:
English is the working language in the Kia Group – you master it perfectly both spoken and written. Further language skills are a plus. After all, Kia is a company that is pretty much at home all over the world.