A new and exciting opportunity to join our Fleet and Remarketing team within our Sales team. The salary for this role is circa £44,000 per annum with some very competitive benefits.
Overall Purpose of job
The RV & Fleet Operations Manager’s role at Kia Motors (UK) Ltd.’s (KMUK) will collaborate with the wider KMUK team to ensure current and new models are positioned competitively in the market in areas of Specification, Price, Residual Value and CO2 emissions. The role will ensure that KMUK maximises Residual Values and minimises the Whole Life Cost of all Kia Products. The role will play an integral part in the annual business and quarterly fleet strategy planning process to maximise the profitability, competitiveness and stock turn of Kia vehicles sold in all segments of the fleet market.
The role will take over direct management of the key fleet sales channels of Supplier Employee Car Ownership Scheme (ECOS), Public Sector e-auction, Government Sales and Motability. In addition, this role will assume investigative responsibility for all major cases of fleet terms being misused to support retail sales. The role will also act as the fleet department’s Electric Vehicle (EV) sales champion and support General Manager – Fleet & Remarketing with specific Fleet projects and reporting requirements.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities for the role:
- Collaborate with KMUK Product team to ensure current and new models are positioned competitively in the market. Analysing key competitor models and ensuring we compete on Specification, Price, Residual Value and CO2 emissions, so that they are relevant for the sector
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key industry influencers in order to optimise Residual Values for KMUK vehicles
- Regular communication with Senior Management at Kia Motors Europe (KME) and KMUK to ensure effective Residual Value management
- Plan and Manage in advance new model launches, to ensure key industry influencers view the product at the earliest opportunity. Advise where relevant, specifications and equipment are required to achieve the best possible residual values from launch. Assist in bringing new product to market
- Manage the Suppler ECOS, Public Sector e-auction and Motability programmes and maximise profitability and stock turn, whilst minimising overall aged stock levels
- Constantly review and develop new and innovative routes to the Fleet Market and implement as appropriate
- Monitoring of online dealer ‘Price led’ advertising to ensure RV control and investigate instances of fleet terms being misused to support retail sales
- Work with the Rental Manager to ensure Model mix does not adversely affect our positioning overall and we have a suitable balance of Risk and Buy Back Business ensuring control of Residual Values moving forward.
- Experience in the automotive sector with a detailed understanding of whole life cost and residual values are essential
- Good knowledge and/or understanding of the automotive supply chain is desirable
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multi task, managing multiple related projects simultaneously
- Driven and determined approach in a fast moving environment
- Previous experience as a Vehicle Product Specialist or field sales experience within Marketing and/or Sales function would be an advantage
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Full UK driving licence