Overall Purpose of job
- To assist with developing the Parts & Accessories commercial competitive positioning within the industry and making recommendations to improve.
- To provide supporting reports and analysis to show positioning against aftermarket and other manufacturers.
- To create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports and analysis to cover a wide range of parts and accessory activities.
- To carry out daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc parts and accessory pricing reviews and analysis.
- To provide effective / immediate assistance and support to the parts and accessory department with the provision of data analysis and information as required meeting all required departmental objectives.
The following is a non exhaustive list of responsibilities for the role:
- To create a commercial price positioning analysis structure using both industry software tools and on-line research of competitors.
- To monitor competitor parts prices through the use of appropriate industry pricing systems and create parts pricing analysis.
- To review new pricing set ups on a daily basis and correctly market place price the item in line with departmental gross margin and mark up structures.
- To monitor gross margin and provide exception reports for low margin items.
- To review, analyse and report on monthly Mobis cost price movements.
- To create quarterly price file reviews.
- To respond to field team requests for dealer information and provide as required.
- To monitor aftermarket parts and accessory pricing activity and provide analysis.
- General system and master file maintenance.
- Retail parts / accessory price file maintenance and creation
- Retail parts price / accessory price positioning.
- General after sales and commercial programme reporting.
- Parts master file data maintenance such as D Code, Product Group, Lines Class, Category Code and Discount Code.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Currently studying a 4 year sandwich degree course with 1 year industrial placement preferably in a business related subject.
Excellent written English skills.
Very strong all round IT skill and must be able to demonstrate expert level with MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint and intermediate or above ability with MS Word and MS Outlook.
A strong interest in business, commerce and statistics.
An understanding and ability to manipulate and analyse large data sets.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Full UK driving licence preferable and valid passport essential.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
A passion for cars and interest in the motor industry.
A general understanding of the constituent parts of a car.
Motivated, self-reliant and self-confident.
Able to consistently deliver highly detailed accurate information against deadlines under pressure.
Must be well organised, precise and have the ability to prioritise.
Closing Date for Applications: 26th November 2017