Join an Automotive Manufacturer of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager (M/F) Web Platform & Technology
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package, systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and many more things.
As part of the Communications team within Kia’s European headquarter (KME), governing the European subsidiaries and collaborating with Kia’s global headquarters you will:
- Manage Change requests (CR) sprints: planning and support for CR prioritisation decisions by Platform & Marketing managers. Support control of code refactoring and continuous platform improvements. This role will be added gradually with increased Kia business & K-WCMS governance understanding.
- Support major Website Projects: Support role in above areas within major projects such as AEM upgrade in 2018/2019. Take on small-medium K-WCMS projects alone once established within team.
- Manage user support day-to-day: minor escalations, sprint planning, code deployment, comms with 3rd-party SLO team responsible for the maintenance & operations of the platform, reminding/pushing countries, answering country queries about support supplier.
- Manage user accounts. The process needs to be thoroughly understood and then restructured with tools to make easier for users and more efficient for KME & HAEE. Initiative welcome here.
- Organise our Knowledge management: Confluence restructuring. Writing pages, commissioning content from suppliers / colleagues. Formatting & organising support information to make self-help easy, enjoyable and fast for business users. (Target : reduce ticket numbers.)
- Manage web training: identify where training needed; identify information / tools already available; implement small incremental projects to steadily improve it over time; define control procedures.
- Apply Governance: Support, consult & apply governance to EU markets on functional and technical requirements, change requests and small SW development projects. Understanding governance structure and application. Skilled to know when to escalate but creative enough to avoid that frequently.
- Support infrastructure management: Support co-ordination of technical platform maintenance and optimisation with partner company
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders inside Kia: management, marketing team, sales, aftersales, customer quality, local markets as well as with third party suppliers of technical services
You are a dynamic individual, personable and enjoying interaction with many diverse individuals and cultures. You have an understanding that using web tools and technology is not always obvious for everybody and you are happy to help people learn, understand and exploit the system or make the system better. If this describes you well and your profile is rounded up by the skills below, then this position at Kia’s European headquarters can be an exciting new challenge.
- University educated: including business (preferably marketing) and technical subjects, with the provable communications skills (presentations, free-speaking, top-class verbal and written English)
- Technical knowledge: functioning of web systems & architecture concepts (Java, HTML, Adobe AEM, content delivery networks, Jira, Confluence, or similar)
- 3+ years’ experience: project management AND system management/support with experience in agile/scrum methodologies & development methods. Involvement in complex training activities a bonus.
- Business process skills: ability to transfer business requirements into web definitions, functional and structural solutions
- International experience: work within multicultural/multi-stakeholder situations, high-cultural awareness, flexible and very good inter-personal skills
- Language skills: fluent (written & verbally) English since this is our working language, additional language skills are a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.