We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Product Management (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns health management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product Management and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Lead and coordinate product management activities related to new product launches working closely with colleagues from Marketing Communication, PR, Online Marketing, Sales and Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) in Seoul
- Lead development of market specific recommendations regarding the lifecycle management of Kia Motors Europe product portfolio
- Lead development of special value packages to meet key sales targets during peak selling months or to address excess/aging inventory
- Work with the Pricing Team to develop market appropriate price positioning for new products as well as for specific lifecycle actions and special packages
- Liaise with peers from the Sales subsidiaries and distributors to gain insights into product changes required to address sales and share challenges. Address market challenges quickly and proactively with product lifecycle actions
- Provide Product Expertise and support to internal organizations as needed
- Provide markets with updated & accurate product information
- Preparation of all launching materials and represent Kia during launch activities by presenting products to external stakeholders (journalists, fleet customers)
- Being responsible for all internal launching activities within Kia Motors Europe
- Support Development of product concepts for pro-active input to KMC to develop new products
- Research industry trends, market trends, competitive actions, and competitive market performance to manage the lifecycle of current product portfolio and optimize, sales performance, variable profit, market share growth and the development of Kia brand equity
- Work with After Sales colleagues to address current customer issues in the field with future products
- Work with product planning colleagues at Hyundai-Kia R&D on product enhancement ideas, required technical updates, product feature enhancements, evaluation of pre-production prototype vehicles, evaluation of key competitive vehicles, benchmarking etc.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to continuously improve Kia products to best satisfy customer needs
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing. Technical degrees in Science or Engineering is a plus as well as an MBA or relevant Master’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing / Product Management area
- Sound understanding of the European automotive market, customer demographics and automotive customer requirements. Understanding of additional global automotive markets is a plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- Ability to travel as required to Korea, major Auto Shows, meetings with European markets and support of PR events while launching products
- Professional presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main language: English; Additional European languages as advantage)
If you're interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.