Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Demand & Production Planning (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Business Strategy and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Manage and lead the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team in the European Regional Headquarter (RHQ), coaching, developing and engaging properly all subordinate positions
- Set up middle-term demand plans by derivatives
- Interact with different stakeholders and coordinate cross-functional operations to reconcile significant variances and to refine order forecast mix to reflect latest sales trends by market, model and derivative
- Manage final operations to align demand plans with manufacturing plants production capacity accordingly
- Ensure accurate order fulfillment
- Run operations to collect orders as RHQ plans, ensuring that domestic demand is covered and that orders match production plan
- Control and steer entire pipeline to ensure that orders are prioritized and fulfilled on time, ensuring that estimated delivery time is reliable
- Generate short-term production plans for multiple manufacturing plants, in line with latest actuals and future forecasts
- Manage operations to issue a proper monthly allocation plan by derivatives to supply RHQ Markets demand adequately and interact with markets to mitigate and refine volumes accordingly
- Allocate production ensuring that markets have sustainable stock levels by derivative
- Manage weekly order scheduling for the incoming production
- Align manufacturing capacity with markets needs by derivative, prioritizing customer sold orders firstly
- Operate daily to stabilize any scheduling fluctuations and to protect Markets’ allocation
- Drive manufacturing schedules and coordinate operations to match delivery term expectations and RHQ financial plans
- Manage balance-out production and residual stock for phased-out models, plan supply for new models launches by derivatives
- Align operations and dataflow within corporate systems (order management, production planning, demand planning, ERP)
- In line with latest business transformation strategies, manage all integration projects in the whole SCM area
- Ensure the delivery of quality KPI reports and ad-hoc dashboards to all corporate stakeholders
- Master Degree or equivalent, with focus on Industrial Engineering, Economics or Business Management
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Automotive, with focus on Sales Planning, Production Planning or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a car manufacturer or factory management.
- Very deep knowledge and understanding of business process and daily operations of Automotive Business and production management.
- As a plus, experience in a Regional or International HQ with strong understanding of relationships between Global HQ and Regional Office
- Significant experience in Project Management and Change Management
- Outstanding computer skills above all MS-Office package: excellent usage of complex spreadsheets in Excel is a must. Good knowledge of data management and data flow.
- Good interpersonal skills, open minded and excellent communicator at all levels in organisation
- Strategic thinking and highly numerate with strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong leadership with deep multicultural team experience and ability to manage conflicts
- Must be extremely flexible, adaptable and be able to deal positively with uncertainty
- Self-motivated with meticulous planning and organization skills
- Strong team player with an open approach to different nationalities and cultures
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other languages are a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.