Join an Automotive Manufacturer of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Supply Chain Management (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Business Strategy and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Manage and lead the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team in the European Regional Headquarter (RHQ), coaching, developing and engaging properly all subordinate positions
- Set up middle-term demand plans by derivatives
- Interact with different stakeholders and coordinate cross-functional operations to reconcile significant variances and to refine order forecast mix to reflect latest sales trends by market, model and derivative
- Manage final operations to align demand plans with manufacturing plants production capacity accordingly
- Ensure accurate order fulfillment
- Run operations to collect orders as RHQ plans, ensuring that domestic demand is covered and that orders match production plan
- Control and steer entire pipeline to ensure that orders are prioritized and fulfilled on time, ensuring that estimated delivery time is reliable
- Generate short-term production plans for multiple manufacturing plants, in line with latest actuals and future forecasts
- Manage operations to issue a proper monthly allocation plan by derivatives to supply RHQ Markets demand adequately and interact with markets to mitigate and refine volumes accordingly
- Allocate production ensuring that markets have sustainable stock levels by derivative
- Manage weekly order scheduling for the incoming production
- Align manufacturing capacity with markets needs by derivative, prioritizing customer sold orders firstly
- Operate daily to stabilize any scheduling fluctuations and to protect Markets’ allocation
- Drive manufacturing schedules and coordinate operations to match delivery term expectations and RHQ financial plans
- Manage balance-out production and residual stock for phased-out models, plan supply for new models launches by derivatives
- Align operations and dataflow within corporate systems (order management, production planning, demand planning, ERP)
- In line with latest business transformation strategies, manage all integration projects in the whole SCM area
- Ensure the delivery of quality KPI reports and ad-hoc dashboards to all corporate stakeholders
- Master Degree or equivalent, with focus on Industrial Engineering, Economics or Business Management
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Automotive, with focus on Sales Planning, Production Planning or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a car manufacturer or factory management.
- Very deep knowledge and understanding of business process and daily operations of Automotive Business and production management.
- As a plus, experience in a Regional or International HQ with strong understanding of relationships between Global HQ and Regional Office
- Significant experience in Project Management and Change Management
- Outstanding computer skills above all MS-Office package: excellent usage of complex spreadsheets in Excel is a must. Good knowledge of data management and data flow.
- Good interpersonal skills, open minded and excellent communicator at all levels in organisation
- Strategic thinking and highly numerate with strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong leadership with deep multicultural team experience and ability to manage conflicts
- Must be extremely flexible, adaptable and be able to deal positively with uncertainty
- Self-motivated with meticulous planning and organization skills
- Strong team player with an open approach to different nationalities and cultures
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other languages are a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.