Join an Automotive Manufacturer of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Production Management (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Business Strategy and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Operate from the Regional Headquarter (RHQ) with contact persons at the Kia Motors Slovakia (KMS) factory and stakeholders for an aligned and efficient production planning
- Work closely together with your manager to ensure smooth production management, setup processes, plan the regional production and determine the long term production strategy
- KMS production management
- Analyze regional demand plan mix variations and propose reconciliation plans to your manager to ensure proper supply to the different regions
- Update all stakeholders with the latest regional production status by models and engine/TM mix
- Communicate with KMS sales management team to align the production management with KMS financial plans
- Support your manager in preparing the monthly regional production allocation plan
- KMS strategic planning
- Support your manager in planning the European long-term production strategy for KMS models
- Plan the run-out volume of models by each region with close communication between KMS/RHQ
- Review and analyze new entry markets to setup corporate processes and production operation requirements
- Propose improvements of the KMS production planning framework
- Project management/conferences
- Manage project documentation, changes of plan and propose upcoming developments
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure milestones will be reached and involve managers to facilitate issues for urgent deliveries
- Continually update managers on the latest project status and issue reports to suit relevant stage
- Support your manager in coordinating the regional strategy meetings
- Organize reports/dashboards distribution to managers and main stakeholders and ensure that main KPI's are up to date accurately
- Be able to use the corporate systems and to create ad-hoc queries when it needed
- Master degree or equivalent (ideally in Economics, Business Management or Industrial Engineering), MBA is a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in automotive industry, preferably in Production Management/Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working at a car manufacturer or in factory management
- Good knowledge of production planning and sales processes in automotive industry
- Experience in project management and strong analytical skills
- Good IT skills (MS-Office, especially excellent expertise of Excel such as macros, pivot, use of complex spreadsheets), Access is a plus.
- Excellent communicator at all levels in organization
- Able to manage multiple and varied tasks effectively
- Good team player, self-motivated and result-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (main language: English; other languages as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.