Join an Automotive Manufacturer of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Legal Counsel (m/f/d) IT-law and data privacy
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Legal and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Provide legal support and guidance in the area of GDPR, IT law / IP to business teams and the IT department in Europe
- Review new projects / IT systems as to compliance with GDPR together with the European network of Kia data protection officers
- Offer solutions as well as possible alternatives routes by identifying and analyzing data privacy risks
- Take the lead in drafting, negotiating and interpreting IT software and license contracts with customers, suppliers, distributors, service providers and other third parties
- Actively collaborate within a cross-functional team to coordinate programs and initiatives of the business
- Be responsible for interaction with internal clients and external parties
- Develop standard templates and processes
- University degree in Law
- Qualified lawyer in Germany
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in a multinational enterprise or law firm
- 3 years professional experience practicing IT law / GDPR / commercial law
- Team player and the ability to work in an international environment with various specialized departments
- Intercultural awareness
- Interest in and affinity towards automotive, information technology and IP
- A high amount of negotiation skills, assertiveness and flexibility
- Deeply founded intercultural competence
- Cooperative work style with the willingness to assume responsibility
- Fluency in English; knowledge of German is an asset
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.