Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
IT Manager (m/f/d) Data Architect
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in IT and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using technology such as SQL and others
- Build data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity
- Architect, design and implement CO2 Simulation Analysis solution
- Work to harmonize and consolidate Product Databases
- Investigate in Telematics, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data opportunities. Design, build and implement Business Cases together with respective Stakeholders
- Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the company’s data systems and pipeline architecture
- Always angle for greater efficiency across all of our company data systems.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar Data Engineer role
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project, manage and work with cross-functional teams
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka,
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases,
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (main language: English; other languages as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.