Join an Automotive Manufacturer of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
IT Manager (m/f/d) Data Architect
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in IT and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using technology such as SQL and others
- Build data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity
- Architect, design and implement CO2 Simulation Analysis solution
- Work to harmonize and consolidate Product Databases
- Investigate in Telematics, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data opportunities. Design, build and implement Business Cases together with respective Stakeholders
- Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the company’s data systems and pipeline architecture
- Always angle for greater efficiency across all of our company data systems.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar Data Engineer role
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project, manage and work with cross-functional teams
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka,
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases,
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (main language: English; other languages as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.