Senior Product Manager (M/F/D)
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Senior Product Manager (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Marketing and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Lead the development of market specific recommendations regarding lifecycle management of Kia Motors Europe (KME) product portfolio
- Coordinate the research of market trends, competitive actions, and competitive market performance to manage the lifecycle of current product portfolio and optimize sales performance, variable profit, market share growth, and the development of Kia brand equity
- Liaise with peers from the sales subsidiaries and distributors to gain insights into product changes required to address sales and share challenges. Develop strong working relationships with peer group in the markets to always have a finger on the pulse of the markets. Address market challenges quickly and proactively with product lifecycle actions
- Provide product expertise and support to internal organizations like Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Sales Training, After Sales, etc. as needed
- Develop proposals for new generations of existing models as well as all new models in Kia’s product portfolio in order to discuss and align on a development direction with all related departments involved in the development process (e.g. Design, R&D, global product planning, etc.)
- Follow development process of vehicles under management to ensure product competitiveness in the European Region regarding development of body type variations, powertrain line-up, features and color&trim packages
- Participate in design evaluations in Korea to support the selection among different potential design proposals and ensure design direction is aligned with vehicle concept, brand identity as well as European taste and needs
- Participate in competitive product evaluations to provide feedback to R&D about the correct development direction aligned with the brand strategy and the vehicle concept
- Work with pricing team on setting the price strategy for vehicles under management
- Support pricing team to finalize price setting for new cars on time on matters related with the vehicle specs
- Provide regularly updated product specs files to pricing team including features analysis and market values
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing. MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- Technical degrees in Science or Engineering will also be considered along with relevant work experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing/Product Management
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, New Car Buyers Survey (NCBS), etc.
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills to collect and interpret data to support key decisions
- Outstanding computer skills above all MS-Office package: excellent usage of Excel for data analysis
- Passion for the Automotive industry and general passion for cars and motorsports
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment. Working experience with Asian companies and familiarity with Asian culture is a plus.
- Ability to travel as required to Korea, major Auto Shows, meetings with European markets and support of PR events while launching products
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.