Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager (M/F/D) Pricing
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Marketing and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Develop and implement retail pricing strategy for all Kia brand products within the Kia Motors Europe (KME) markets in coordination with the Kia Motors Corporation HQ in Seoul, South Korea
- Analyze the quarterly price positioning for all models of the assigned markets and create an aggregated report showing the current price positioning throughout all KME markets (Subsidiaries)
- Support Pricing Senior Manager in defining mid- and long-term pricing proposals for upcoming new models, ensuring marketability (vs. agreed competitors basket in corresponding segment) but also profitability of the project
- Establish, review and optimize markets’ proposals in terms of retail prices (MSRP) for versions, for stand-alone or option package optional features and for pricewalks between bodytype or powertrain. In order to ensure for them smart integration ratios (MSRP pricestep / Equipment value steps), between local trims pushing for upselling
- Support the Sales & Market Management teams to implement adequate transfer pricing (FOB) for the distributors
- Serve as the main contact partner for markets and market management for pricing related questions
- Gather pricing intelligence about the competition and potential competitive pricing actions
- Research and analyze the following to make ongoing recommendations to the product marketing team regarding product definition, product marketing and product lifecycle management:
- Total Industry Volume forecast and trends (JATO and IHS Global Insight)
- Analyzing segment share, segment trends and segment shifts
- Take rates by price class, powertrain type, displacement, options, etc.
- Value Adjusted price positioning of Kia products vs. key competitors in KME markets
- Development of competitive incentives by car line and by segment to guarantee competitive Transaction Adjusted Pricing
- CO2 tax driven financial impact on customer price (transaction and annual recurring).
- University degree in Business, Economics or Finance
- Minimum 2-5 years’ relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in Pricing and Product Management with an emphasis on analytics
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, Polk’s Road to Data, New Car Buyers Survey (NCBS), Global Insight and Polk Industry forecasts, etc.
- Ability to perform Pricing Value Analysis using JATO. Ability to assign market values (customer accepted) to specific line items of product content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Passion for the Automotive industry and general passion for cars, motorsports etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills especially with MS Excel for data analysis including use of macros, pivot tables, data queries, etc.
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- High degree of organization and planning skill with a strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage).
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.