Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager (M/F/D) Product Lifecycle
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product Planning and Pricing and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
After product launch
- Support in introduction of new processes to optimize trim line strategies of all carlines across 14 Kia Motors Europe (KME) Subsidiaries to maximize sales and profit
- Support the implementation of Pan-European trim line strategy across Kia model portfolio
- Reviewing model trim line at key milestones during the lifecycle, such as Full Model Change (FMC), Product Enhancement (PE) or Model Year (MY) and provide recommendation with regards to customer demand, market trends and profit optimization
- Designing and planning of short term special action model (SAM) introduction to facilitate sales and profit targets
- Provide guideline and support to subsidiaries with regards to trim line and profit in case of product line-up changes
- Analyze subsidiaries’ incentives strategies to ensure optimal use of resources at their disposal, by competitive benchmarking, market research as well as through sharing of best practices
- Work together with Pricing team and global HQ to quantify impact of changes and report to top management during product and pricing strategy meetings
- Work together with Product managers in KME to identify changes needed to product plan to enable identified changes to trim lines
- Work together with Pricing team, Market managers, Finance department and global HQ to carry out price repositioning in markets where needed, including shift of pricing/incentives.
During development phase
- Work closely with Product Planning team to identify missing features that should be developed for each carline by providing a solid business case based on market demand
- Work closely with Product managers on cost reduction initiatives to evaluate impact on pricing
- Work closely with Product Planning team to make sure product plan and option combination logic is not limiting neither market profitability nor reducing the sales potential
- Work closely with Pricing team to ensure price proposals from markets are reflecting optimal proposals from a trim line strategy perspective as well as correct incentives information.
- University degree in Business, Economics or Engineering
- 2–4 years of relevant work experience in the automotive industry, preferably in an international environment
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools such as JATO, NCBS/mtab, etc.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Power Point, Project Management)
- Good command of SAP
- Team player and self-confident with positive thinking
- Flexible with the ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-paced environment
- Experience in a Regional or International HQ with understanding of Global HQ and Regional HQ relationship is advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German or any further language skills are a plus.
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.