Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Specialist (M/F/D) Data Science
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in After Sales and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Extract data from existing systems ERP / SQL databases / SAP
- Develop interfaces to simplify data transfer for live data analysis
- Continuously support operational team to analyse data from warranty and technical databases
- Knowledge in scripting (R) or Python for data analysis / data preparation
- Design data based escalation process to improve efficiency in quality improvement process / warranty cost management based on input from Technical and Warranty teams
- Share findings with Technical and Warranty departments to support a 360° analysis of the issue
- Design user friendly Tableau reports and continuously improve Tableau system on request of operations
- Document enhancements in Tableau reporting system
- Manage system improvements requested by warranty and technical team in a timely manner
- Improve KPI system on request of technical and warranty teams
- Carry out trainings for Subsidiaries and Distributors to improve data mining skills in different countries
- Prepare a data generator for warranty audits based on warranty data analysis / preparation and KPI results
- Participate in system development projects
- Benchmarking and analysing market data
- Measure product quality improvement after implementation of corrective actions
- Simplify existing monthly reporting and maintaining collected data (summarize, review, control and report data).
- Data scientist (ideally with technical and/ or warranty background)
- Ideally 3-5 years of professional experience
- Automotive background/ interest will be advantageous
- Profound experience in data analysis
- Good skills in ERP/ SAP /SQL/ Python/ R
- Open minded – “Think-outside-the-box”- approach
- Solution oriented, pragmatic, creative and result driven
- Good analytical skills
- Quick intellectual grasp, flexible and have the ability to adapt in a multicultural and rapidly developing environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Resilient team player
- Willingness to travel (approx.20%)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage).
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.