Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Specialist (M/F/D) Technical Support
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in After Sales and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
EU Technical Hotline
- Support the Global Service Way Technical Hotline at incoming inquiries from the markets
- Monitor the overall hotline support given from Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) service team, coordinate in between markets and responders
- Steer all relevant monitoring- and reporting tools for the Technical Hotline
Diagnostic system support
- Contact person for all electronical diagnostic systems (Kia Diagnostic System, D-Logger), coordinator in between suppliers, KMC service team and markets
- Run all relevant actions in terms of electronical diagnostic systems (i.e. market surveys, competitor analysis, etc.)
EV & new technologies specialist
- Main contact person & coordinator for EV-relevant support (internal & external)
- EV charger support
- Specialist & main supporter for new technologies (i.e. Telematics, autonomous driving, etc.)
Evaluation & press cars
- Substitution & support for new model evaluations, press car preparation
- Substitution & support for Port of entry (POE) & Port of delivery (POD) evaluations
POE & POD Evaluation
- Organize & steer all POE & POD evaluations, including reporting and follow-up
Substitution & support for technical bulletin control
Technical Service Bulletins (TSB): Feasibility check of TSBs prior to release, support development of TSB drafts
Content management of monthly Newsletter for 38 Markets.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or car-technical education (automotive engineer), master technician or the equivalent in related work experience
- 4-10 year work experience as master technician or technical support engineer, automotive engineer or equivalent
- Profound car-technical knowledge (incl. New Technologies, EV and related)
- Work experience at distributor side advantageous
- Higher level MS-Office Skills (especially Excel, eventually Access)
- Good interpersonal & computer skills (MS-Office)
- Willingness for autonomous functioning & travel
- Vehicle evaluation skills (static & dynamic)
- Ability to adapt in a multicultural and quick developing environment
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, creative (Outside the box- approach), solution oriented, Technical “Problem solver”
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage).
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.