We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Homologation (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest car maker in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but also worldwide.
- People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 1,500 persons in Europe and represents just under 500,000 vehicles sold every year.
- KIA Motors Europe centrally manages the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European subsidiaries. For us and our 14 affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors Europe and our subsidiaries.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns health management and few more things.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product Management and other departments. This is not merely some fancy polish!
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ ambitious +++ patient +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++
- Lead of all homologation and regulatory matters at KME
- Coordination of internal activities to serve National and European Regulatory requirements
- Monitoring of homologation process to ensure on-time vehicle launch
- Support and consultancy of national sales companies/distributors to ensure effective business planning and stock monitoring with regards to future National and European Regulatory requirements.
- Moderate Risk Management together with related departments (e.g. Marketing, Sales and After Sales).
- Be the voice of Markets for specific/local requirements in the field of vehicle or vehicle parts homologation.
- Be the reference within Marketing for emission regulations and requirements for internal and external communication.
- Effective support and consultancy of Homologation issues with Distributors and within the KIA relevant divisions in Europe/KOREA
- Support national sales companies/distributors regards to homologation and COC issues
- Definition and initiation of action items for R&D related to Regulation and Homologation
- University degree in Mechanical Enginering or related, MBA or relevant Master's degree is a plus; Business or Law degrees with focus on regulation and certification will also be considered along with relevant work experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant pan-European work experience in the field of vehicle regulations such as EU/UN
- Expert knowledge in the field of type approval for passenger cars and overall familiarity with UN and EC Directives or Regulations
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, New Car Buyers Survey (NCBS) etc. is a plus
- Deep knowledge in the field of type approval for passenger cars
- Ability to interpret European Directives or Regulations into business requirements to support key decisions
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Significant relationship building experience
- High level of engagement to solve issues and help others
- Resilience, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Flexible regarding business travel (Nationally and internationally) as required
- Valid driving licence for Germany is a must
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; German as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.