Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager (M/F/D) Data Engineering
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in IT and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Maintain and improve the existing Pricing Tool for Kia Motors Europe (KME) and all-related markets
- Develop additional tools to further automate pricing-related tasks
- Improve maintainability, testability, readability, usability, and extensibility of the tools
- Technical and non-technical documentation
- Build strong working relationships with Product & Pricing members of KME. Address market challenges quickly and proactively with pricing tool updates and improvements
- Technical advisory and training for the markets
- Define new strategic pricing solution in line with overall product data architecture strategy and drive the implementation of such solution.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, natural science, engineering or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of working experience as data analyst, data engineer, software engineer, full stack developer, or in other relevant positions
- Experience in developing tools using VBA for Excel (or other programs with similar capabilities and features) to support business requirements
- Track record of successfully completed software development projects with a business relevance
- First experience in the area of business analysis and/or the ambition for this area
- Experience and/or understanding of the automotive industry is valued
- Strong working knowledge of SQL is a must. Also medium level understanding of VBA is required. Other programming languages and shell scripting skills are highly valued
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new tasks, technologies and challenges in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ambition to understand and solve end user pain points and needs
- Good interpersonal skills and multicultural competence
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage).
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.