Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager (M/F/D) Product Management
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product Planning and Pricing and business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Support and coordinate product management activities related to new product launches working closely with colleagues from Marketing Communication, PR, Online Marketing, Sales and Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) in Seoul
- Develop market specific recommendations regarding the lifecycle management of Kia Motors Europe product portfolio
- Develop special value packages to meet key sales targets during peak selling months or to address excess/aging inventory
- Support the Pricing Team to develop market appropriate price positioning for new products as well as for specific lifecycle actions and special packages
- Liaise with peers from the Sales subsidiaries and distributors to gain insights into product changes required to address sales and share challenges. Address market challenges quickly and proactively with product lifecycle actions
- Provide Product Expertise and support to internal organizations as needed
- Provide markets with updated & accurate product information
- Support Product Manager with the preparation of all launching materials
- Support development of product concepts for pro-active input to KMC to develop new products
- Research industry trends, market trends, competitive actions, and competitive market performance to manage the lifecycle of current product portfolio and optimize, sales performance, variable profit, market share growth and the development of Kia brand equity
- Work with After Sales colleagues to address current customer issues in the field with future products
- Support Product Manager with the development of product enhancement ideas, required technical updates, product feature enhancements, evaluation of pre-production prototype vehicles, evaluation of key competitive vehicles, benchmarking etc.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to continuously improve Kia products to best satisfy customer needs
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing; Technical degrees in Science or Engineering, MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- 3 years relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing / Product Management area
- Sound understanding of the European automotive market, customer demographics and automotive customer requirements
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, Polk’s Road to Data, Global Insight and Polk Industry forecasts etc.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organised and detail-oriented; good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Passion for the Automotive industry and general passion for cars, motorsports etc.
- Familiarity with working with Asian cultures / companies is a plus
- Ability to travel as required to meetings with European markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German or any further language skills are a plus.
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.