Senior Manager Product Planning (m/f/d)
Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Senior Manager Product Planning (m/f/d)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide. People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product & Pricing and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- You will lead the development of product concepts for pro-active input to Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) to develop new products focusing on potential white space opportunities
- You will coordinate the research of competitive actions and competitive market performance to set development targets for assigned future models in order to optimize product competitiveness and maximize sales potential
- You will establish a network with colleagues at Hyundai-Kia Product Planning Division and Research&Development to effectively collaborate the development of product enhancement ideas, required technical updates, product feature enhancements etc.
- You will develop proposals for new generations of existing models as well as all new models in Kia’s product portfolio in order to discuss and align on a development direction with all related departments involved in the development process (e.g. Design, R&D, Global Product Planning, etc.)
- You will follow the development process of vehicles under management to ensure product competitiveness in the European Region regarding development of body type variations, powertrain line-up, features and color&trim packages
- You will participate in design evaluations in Korea to support the selection among different potential design proposals and ensure design direction is aligned with vehicle concept, brand identity as well as European taste and needs
- You will participate in competitive product evaluations to provide feedback to R&D about the correct development direction aligned with the brand strategy and the vehicle concept.
- You will serve as the voice of the customer to continuously improve Kia products to best satisfy customer needs
- You will work with the Pricing team and Product marketing team on setting the price strategy for vehicles under management
- You have a university degree in Business or Economics with a focus on Marketing, MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- Technical degrees in Science or Engineering will also be considered along with relevant work experience
- You have a minimum of 8 years relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Planning/Product Management area
- You are familiar with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, New Car Buyers Survey (NCBS) etc.
- You have high quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- You have good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- You have self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-moving environment
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills (Main Language: English; other languages as advantage)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.