Assistant Manager Future Trends (m/f/d)
Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Future Trends (m/f/d)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide. People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product and Pricing and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
Team up with Future Trends members in different activities such as data gathering, fact findings, market research and solution proposing for automotive industry. Planning and composing studies, reports and optimizing analysis in different areas such as customer feedback, data interpretation, market studies and future changes of automotive industry. Providing strategic insights regarding market and product challenges to facilitate decision making. Support ideation workshops aiming at identifying and exploring new opportunities.
- Performing analytical research on the automotive and mobility industry, current trends and future challenges
- Data and information gathering by studying research platforms about market, customer and products
- Partnering in different product management projects as a research member to enrich the studies in different phases from brainstorming and development up to execution stage.
- Preparing practical reports on data analysis and result of different researches to improve product management processes
- Partnering in implementation of research results during product planning and KME improvement process
- Benchmarking analysis about competitors’ activities specifically regarding innovation and future trends
- Proposing innovative projects by studying the future mobility eco-system
- Bringing out of the box ideas by following design thinking methods
- Managing the administration part of future trends projects and analysis in cooperation with KME third parties.
- Cooperating with other departments to understand topics to be researched and to prepare feedback and results of studies, researches and analysis
- Supporting project management of different activities
- Analysing product or services offered by start-ups in automotive industry and proposing actionable insights
- Creation of periodical bulletin for higher management and other departments
- Comparing different studies and reports in automotive industry to identify and implement best practices
- Support in the creation and maintenance of tools aiming at disseminating the future trends insights
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Management, Statistics or Mathematics
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- Technical degrees in Science or Engineering will also be considered
- A minimum of 3 years Marketing Research or related field, Experience on the vendor side is also applicable
- Research experience
- Experienced with report preparation for decision makers
- Experience in data story-telling is a plus
- Familiarity with design thinking process is an advantage.
- Strong interest and/or experience in the automotive sector and future mobility solutions.
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, New Car Buyers Survey (NCBS) is a plus
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organised and detail-oriented and excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with different project members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Other European languages are a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal with your earliest possible starting date.