Assistant Manager Product Marketing (m/f/d)
Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Product Marketing (m/f/d)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide. People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product and Pricing and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
Support the respective Product Marketing Team with managing assigned vehicle product lines / carlines to optimize variable profit, sales volume, market share growth and brand equity. Contribute to successful launch activities, appropriate uprice positioning and active life cycle management.
Area of Responsibility: Assigned Kia brand vehicle lines from 12 months before SOP until end of the lifecycle.
- Support product management activities related to new product launches working closely with colleagues from Marketing Communication, PR, Online Marketing, Sales and Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) HQ (Seoul, S. Korea) staff from the Overseas Product Marketing Team (OPMT).
- Research industry trends, market trends, competitive actions, and competitive market performance to manage the lifecycle of current product portfolio and optimize sales performance, variable profit, market share growth and the development of Kia brand equity.
- Identify need for special value packages to meet key sales targets during peak selling months or to address excess/aging inventory and prepare proposals for special value packs.
- Liaise with peers from the sales subsidiaries and distributors to gain insights into product changes required to address sales and share challenges. Develop working relationships with peer group in the markets to quickly identify market needs.
- Regularly assess the performance of assigned vehicles in the marketplace, identify deviations vs. plan, causes of the deviations and suggest corrective measures if needed.
- Propose quickly and proactively product lifecycle actions to address market challenges.
- Provide markets with updated & accurate product information.
- Provide product expertise and support to internal organizations like Pricing, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Sales Training, After Sales etc. as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Planning team at KMC of key success factors and weaknesses of current generation models to be considered in the development of future generation vehicles.
- Support pricing team to finalize price setting for new cars on time on matters related with the vehicle specs.
- Provide regularly updated product specs files in the required format to Pricing Team including features analysis (forecasted) cost data and market values.
- Analyse competitive environment to support the development of a Pan-European trimline strategy for the assigned vehicle lines and make the required recommendations taking into account the vehicle specifications.
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing.
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus.
- Technical degrees in Science or Engineering will also be considered along with relevant automotive Sales & Marketing work experience.
- 3 years of relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing / Product Management area.
- Good understanding of the European automotive market, customer demographics and automotive customer requirements. Understanding of additional global automotive markets is a plus.
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, etc.
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds.
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment.
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration.
- Passion for the Automotive industry in general, passion for cars, motorsports, automotive design etc.
- Ability to travel as required to Korea, major Auto Shows, meetings with European markets and support of PR events while launching products.
- Professional presentation skills to represent Kia in front of external stakeholders such as journalists & fleet customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Other European languages are a plus.
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal with your earliest possible starting date.