Assistant Manager Homologation (M/F/D)
Join an Automotive Company of worldwide renown.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Homologation (M/F/D)
at the KIA Motors Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Motors is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Motors has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide.
People drive KIA cars in about 180 countries. KIA Motors Europe employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
KIA Motors Europe is the Regional Headquarters of KIA and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. For us and our affiliates you will provide guidance and support.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of KIA Motors in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product & Pricing and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Support the respective Kia Motors Europe (KME) Homologation department within the Product Marketing Team to ensure the company compliance and registration capabilities
- Contribute to successfully integrate the future regulations in the company products
- Ensure registration of all Kia brand vehicles from Start of Production (SOP) until end of Lifecycle
- Support all Homologation and regulation matter at KME
- Be the main contact for subsidiaries and importers to support Homologation activities
- Support Research & Development (R&D) Korea and Hyundai Motors Europe Technical Center (HMETC/ R&D Center) queries coming from Headquarters (HQ) about local regulation
- Communicate and coordinate with markets and internal functions any Homologation & Registration related subjects
- Monitor & inform of regulatory change impacting vehicles. E.g. End of Series
- Issue ad-hoc communication to manage “end of series” (vehicles not complying with new regulations)
- Support KME and subsidiaries with regards of stock management
- Contribute to knowledge capitalisation by setting up or modifying business processes, including issuance of Homologation manual
- Asses impacts for KME and markets of the future Homologation trends and share across KME relevant departments
- Support issuance of Homologation bulletin & Ad hoc communication as required
- Participate in the Operational Launch Committee to report latest Homologation status
- Issuance of the Order Pack to Variant & Version Link Table and distribute it across KME and markets
- Upload Whole Vehicle Type Approval (WVTA) files to Product SharePoint and communicate to markets
- Verification of Certificate of Conformity (CoC) data integrity per model prior to the CoC issuance
- Verification of vehicle data in ICMS (CO2 calculation tool) prior to the CoC issuance
- Support Market Surveillance activities when required
- University Degree in Engineering with a focus on vehicles
- 3 years of relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Homologation area
- Good understanding of the European Homologation process and registration; understanding of future homologation trends is a plus
- Familiarity with Homologation tools such ONTAS, ETAES, etc. is a plus
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); additional European languages are a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast moving environment
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- Passion for the Automotive industry in general, passion for cars, motorsports, automotive design etc.
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.