Overall Purpose of job
Responsible for marketing activities of the company’s products with the objective of improving the company’s participation in the market and increasing the level of sales.
Initiation, development and coordination of communication activities to support the overall marketing strategy to generate maximum awareness of our products and brand image
Place in Organisation
This position reports directly to the Head of Marketing. There is close liaison with other members of the Marketing, especially Product Team, PR, Sales, After Sales & Dealer Development teams as well as with our dealerships and external partners (agencies, media houses etc.) in the Czech Republic and the Marketing team within KME (Kia Motors Europe).
The following is a non exhaustive list of responsibilities for the role:
- Leadership of the Communication section and managing all communication activities in KMCz (ATL / BTL activities)
- Controlling and adjusting marketing activities of KMCz dealer network. Provide guidance to KMCz dealers
- Close business cooperation with external agencies and business partners and journalists in Cooperation with the PR Manager as well
- Close cooperation with other departments to support sales and other activities by communication campaigns
- Close cooperation and communication with HQ
- Propose annual KMCz media and non-media marketing plan which will be in line with KMCz strategic plan.
- Plan & Deploy marketing campaigns and assure their implementation from ideation to execution for all new and existing products in KIA portfolio, including KPIs setting, fulfilling and reporting
- Assure that all communication is in accordance with KIA CI
- Web content management responsibility– ensure updated content of Kia owned media and coordinate web content system update
- Ensure attractiveness and accuracy of Kia Social Networks content
- Manage BTL activities, events to be in line with the overall Brand communication and assure their proper planning, execution and efficiency, including KPIs setting, fulfilling and reporting
- Arrange effective marketing cooperation with KMCz dealers. Plan and provide marketing support to KMCz dealers. Monitor that all KMCz dealer activities are in line with KMCz guideline.
- Organize communication training/workshops to ensure professional marketing specialist in dealer network
- Monitor market using internal and external sources and data. Use external agencies to receive sufficient market research. Monitor communication competitiveness
- Monitor and promote KMCz brand image by all relevant activities
- Lead communication section members
- Report to Management market trends and communication performance
- Communicate and inform management about planned marketing activities
- Be in regular touch with external parties providing marketing services
- Be in regular contact with KMCz dealers. Check that they understand KMCz guidelines and their activities are in line with these guidelines.
- Execute this control and procedure and fix any discrepancies together in cooperation with dealers
- Check brand image on brand awareness on regular basis
- Monitor media and competitor’s marketing activities on regular basis. Inform management about any new progressive activities of competitors
- Monitor budget consumption in cooperation with Finance Department
- Monitor KMCz websites and search for any possible improvements
- Ensure “on-line information” (web, Facebook etc.) presented by KMCz are always updated
- In cooperation with Sales Department, assess effectiveness of KMCz marketing activities on regular basis
- Check performance of all team members in Communication Section
- At least Assistant Manager level (candidate within KMCz organisation)
- Experience in Marketing / Digital marketing at least 5 years
- Degree in Marketing preferable
- Knowledge of Marketing communication processes and BTL project execution preferable
- Knowledge of Media and Advertising
- Knowledge of digital / online projects and insight into digital marketing area
- Creative approach and keeping up to date with new media trends
- Self-motivated personality with pro-active approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Czech and English communication skills.
- Very good presentation skills
- Team player
- Quality orientated
- Accurate working style
- Patient & resilient
- Ability to understand complex contexts
- Result driven
- Good computer skills (MS-Office)
- Willingness to work in an international environment
- Willingness to travel