Overall Purpose of job
The Digital Media Assistant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running, development and delivery of customer facing Digital marketing activity at a brand and tactical level.
This role will support the Head of Brand Communications (HOBC) with digital budget setting, and the delivery of agreed digital communication plans and strategies, with the objective of delivering against agreed ‘Call To Actions’ and enhancing brand perception.
This is a hugely exciting and analytical role with the core responsibilities including digital investment, production of digital creative materials and understanding customer journeys.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities for the role:
• Support HOBC to determine, develop and implement appropriate brand and model communication strategies that are integrated and support brand development and business priorities.
• Responsible for the planning of ‘paid’ digital media to drive awareness, familiarity and nameplate equity, working closely with the HOBC and the National buying agency.
• Support the HOBC and Brand Campaign Assistant Manager (BCAM) with the All-Agency Briefings and support the collation of Light and Full Launch Plans with our media partners.
• Liaise with the Kia Motors Europe Marketing Team (and Kia Motors Corporation in Soeul as and when required) to support the digital development of brand and new model launch campaigns, ensuring they are informed of KMUK digital activity and aware of specific requirements and requests.
• Work with agency partners to localise digital launch assets received from KMC/KME to support UK activity, reflecting market specific requirements including approvals, and timely and effective implementation.
• Responsible for delivering KME digital priorities, new model propositions and the sharing of KME digital assets.
• Play an influential role in communicating and actively working with other members of the KMUK Marketing team to ensure the cascading of information and brand consistency across digital channels.
• Manage the briefing process for digital activity and be responsible for asset approval and legal requirements.
• Lead the development of KMUK digital media plans with the aim to improve brand recognition and engagement.
• Manage and take accountability for setting measurable digital KPI’s, analysing activity, achieving efficiencies and embracing test and learn (Digital Monthly, PCA’s and performance reviews).
• Lead and manage the implementation of the ‘In-market digital strategy (creative and media) for new cars including the timely delivery of assets and agency budgetary management.
• Manage and ensure brand alignment of the ‘Tactical Programmes’ creative production.
• Drive and manage the Lead Generation Programme to identify and cultivate potential customers.
• Ensure planned digital activity is implemented according to timelines and within set budget parameters for both creative development and media buying.
• Manage relevant supporting 3rd party agency teams, creative and media, to ensure production estimates and media buying is competitive and transparent. Evaluate agency performance on a quarterly basis.
• Manage the Digital budget and proactively forecast media/production costs to maximise opportunities (including reporting and forecasting spend on a quarterly basis).
• Build relationships with key Publishers to better understand the market, gain insights and learnings (ie. AutoTrader)
• Work collaboratively with the wider members of the Brand Communications Team to ensure aligned incorporation of web, social, SEO and PPC within campaign platforms and improve performance.
• Work closely with the Digital team to ensure alignment across online and offline media.
• Work with appropriate insight to support the development of customer profiles, consumer insights and journeys (i.e. NCBS, Adobe Analytics).
• Deliver required measurement and performance reports for Management and Executive Meetings.
• Be the ‘Digital’ expert that keeps up-to-date with the latest digital trends and best practices.
This is for you if:
• You have a passion for digital marketing and automotive
• You are analytical and enjoy data intelligence
• You have lots of energy
• You can hit the ground running
• You can think on your feet
• You love to use your initiative
• You like to be on the front foot and willing to try new marketing ideas
• You are a relationship builder
• You are reliable, self-motivated and always deliver
• Previous experience working in a brand marketing communications role either agency or client side
• A good understanding of the digital ecosystem from planning to activation is preferable.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to write and communicate ideas concisely and without ambiguity
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to manage agencies and multiple projects simultaneously
• Organised individual with a high level of attention to detail
• Customer focused
• Demonstrable passion for marketing
• Creative, but pragmatic thinker – able to recommend and implement practical solutions
• Commercially astute – able to identify commercial opportunities within new media channels
• Self-starter, demonstrating ability to take own initiative
• Ability to take ownership of, and personal responsibility for, projects delegated.
• Willingness to constantly learn new marketing techniques
• Analytical ability – good budget management skills
• Degree educated with marketing experience
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Full, clean UK driving licence.
The company reserves the right to make amendments to this job description where business needs require.