Overall Purpose of job
Our Press Office team works on all aspects of automotive PR, corporate communications and UK dealer PR support – you would be an integral part of the team and be in front of the media from day one, so you’d need to be able to get up-to-speed and learn quickly. Whilst here you will have the chance to contribute your ideas to the team’s plans and take responsibility for your own PR projects that we would support you to develop. We also provide you with the opportunity to undertake industry PR training courses throughout your year with us.
- Dealing with all types of media enquiries and liaising with all business departments and suppliers.
- Supporting the Communications Director, Press Relations Manager, Senior Press Officer and assisting the Press Office team to
maintain our number one ranking a best-in-class service to the UK media.
- Running your own PR projects and developing the media exposure these projects receive.
- Assisting with the implementation of media events, including major product launches, and being part of the team representing the
brand during the event.
- Writing media material (including press releases) and helping to pull together the content we need from across the business.
- Work alongside Senior Press Officer in developing and supporting Dealer PR to ensure that dealer network is kept up-to-date and
informed on how PR can support their sales and driving customers to the dealerships.
- Monitoring media coverage and reporting back to Senior Management, processing finance tasks and supporting the team in a range
- Involved in press fleet activities including booking cars and answering enquires.
You’ll need to be flexible, quick to act and have an ability to turn your hand to more or less anything as that is what the media expect from us. You’ll be comfortable with managing several priorities at once and have a proactive, can-do attitude.
The team is hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated so we’re looking for someone who will fit in with that. We’re a small team, with a lot to do, so if you’re ambitious and able to show initiative then you’ll get a lot out of the year. It’s not all hard work though! Kia is a large company but has a family-like atmosphere to it and we like to enjoy ourselves too!
An interest and knowledge of cars is certainly desirable but by no means essential – we’re more interested in your ability to help us portray the brand to the media in the best possible way.
As you’ll be dealing with the media we would expect you to have first-rate written and oral communication skills as well as an exceptional eye for detail and a keenness to be proactive at all times.
A full UK driving licence (although not necessarily a car) and a passport are required for this role as you will be required to travel within the UK and abroad.
The company reserves the right to make amendments to this job description where business needs require.